LDP Thrown Out

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum LDP Thrown Out

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

Absolutely agree Zinger. That’s the main reason why the bickering politicians should have had the LDP in place years ago.

The LDP concept was designed to get broad stroke objectives in play in the early LDP phase, get agreement on (say) the need for Housing, then put a plan in place to resolve all of the logistical detail.

The sad thing is that there was an early acceptance of the need for Housing, no LDP, the 2021 census late in the day, an attempt by some to argue that the hypothetical LDP was mis-premised, political rowing backwards……and then a shit-show.

My point is that Housing has to be a genuine priority, an LDP should have been in place several years ago, the real debate should have been about the ‘where’ (of the Houses) and the logistics to match.

Now, they’re all over the place

IMHO
    Participant

Judge slams councillors in LDP judgement for “taking up court time” amid backlog of cases

So, why then a vote at all when there was only one way it could legally go?
    Seems to me that the sham vote “accepting” the LDP was just that, sham.
    Strikes me it’s akin to how the Chinese do things and look what we think of them.
    Oh, well, the developers got what they wanted so, all’s good then.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham University proposes net zero solutions through local collaboration

News

Castle Green hands over Rhosrobin affordable homes to North Wales Housing Association

News

Police and Crime Commissioner election Q&A: Andy Dunbobbin – Labour and Co-operative Party candidate

News

Wrexham’s MP launches petition amid concerns over potential cuts to Metastatic Cancer Nurse role

News

Gatorade named official sports drink of Wrexham AFC – ahead of squad sweat test

News

Generational change at top of Welsh Government

News