Gresford roundabout / Chester Road lanes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford roundabout / Chester Road lanes

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Twice this week I have been beeped/flashed at and nearly run into because I have had to use the overflow lane to go down Chester Road. When are people going to realise that the OVERFLOW lane is intended for people who cannot fit into the primary lane – to save tail backs onto the Gresford roundabout! Granted, some idiots use it as a ‘racing’ lane but some of us actually understand the rules of the road. Some people really do need to take their driving tests again, there are some shocking drivers around.

rockchicklau
    Participant

Totally agree with you. I had to use the overflow today as my lane to the bypass was not moving and I would have blocked the traffic up.
    My biggest issue is the middle lane as you come off the A483 …. people use it to cut in to the Gresford lane and worse still some use it then cut across and head off up the Nantwich bypass !!! There’s going to be a bad accident there at some point.

Huw
    Participant

Please tell me that you didn’t use the Chester Road overflow lane whilst waiting to go onto the 483?
    Total and utter numbskull’s have designed this roundabout.

zinger
    Participant

Is it made worse by people jumping the lights? This can cause the blocking of traffic too.

Huw
    Participant

No, just pure ignorance and stupidity from drivers who do not understand how to use the overflow lane.

wid9999
    Participant

I’m amazed people realise there is an overflow lane, let alone people saying not to use it for heading to Oswestry.
    Night after night people queue in the one left lane for Acton, blocking the roudabout when the “overflow” lane sits empty… numpties!
    And why do we have to sit at those lights for 18 seconds with us and the link bypass people on red when we could be on green to head in to Acton and the A483 traffic could creep forward to the next set of lights?
    Always wondered….

Steve
    Participant

Is this the junction you are referring to?
    Using the middle lane for for the 2nd exit to Oswestry as well as the marked left hand one?

Gresford.jpg

wid9999
    Participant

Ah fair point .. i was refering to getting of the A483 from Chester and wanting to head into Acton, so its the traffic lights for the other set of traffic im referring to with the 18sec delay.

Steve
    Participant

So you are referring to this junction where BOTH the left hand lanes allow you to exit and merge in turn going towards Acton?

Gresford_Town.jpg

Then 3rd lane for A483 and 4th lane for Pandy and Chester (if you missed the exit last time around)

Huw
    Participant

Your last photo is the junction that I am referring to.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Two former North Wales Police officers to be barred from policing after misconduct hearing

News

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News