Flash Flooding.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Flash Flooding.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Many of the drains around the town are blocked by plants growing out of them , hence the water running over the drains rather than draining away.

BenjaminM
    Participant

What a ridiculous generalisation!
    With the massive amount of water raining down, it is not surprising that the system has not coped 100% effectively. Do you really think that Wrexham streets are unique, or has the same problem happened elsewhere?
    A minor inconvenience that soon rectifies itself.
    Ah well, at least it’s given you the opportunity for yet another irrelevant innanity.

Alunh
    Participant

Lovely to see what Benjamin referred to recently as the “etiquette” of discussion on show

Alunh
    Participant

Many=Not all=Not generalizing

Many=More than None=Some

99DylanJones
    Participant

The cuts in services are well documented so the drainage issue may not be ALL to do with drains not being cleaned but certainly contributor.
    http://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wrexham-council-cuts-playgrounds-bus-6280674
    https://www.wrexham.gov.uk/assets/pdfs/consultations/budget/budget_difficult_decisions.pdf

Council Cuts Consultation : The Results

Just a few of the reported cuts to road cleaning

Other causes are the lack of ‘normal’ rain fall over the past few weeks that flushes drains naturally

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=114556]Many of the drains around the town are blocked by plants growing out of them , hence the water running over the drains rather than draining away.

[/quote]
    At least its not litter clogging up our drains anymore and with the ‘Bin it to Win it’ initiative, its win – win!

BenjaminM
    Participant

Once again Alun, I find myself in a position of having to thank you for providing synonyms for the word ‘many’ used in wrexview’s post.
    I really look forward to being educated by you on matters economic, commercial and cultural, in fact I consider you to be the modern day embodiment of Adam Smith, Mary Portas and Brian Sewell combined.
    In fact, you now seem to have added Peter Roget to your portfolio!
    Perhaps you would consider furthering my education by providing tutorials to me (assuming that you would deduct car parking fees from from your fee, of course).
    Why does the word narcissus keep springing to mind?

Alunh
    Participant

Why thank you Benjamin. I’m so glad that MY contribution was not seen as “another irrelevant innanity” like Wrexview’s.

As to the tutoring….my book appears to have a few spaces in September if you want to register with First Tutors. My rates are always reasonable but as you will appreciate, you are starting from a lower base than many of my tutees.

Thank you once again for your ever pleasant contribution to the discussion

IT-Factor
    Participant

We will be out of the EU soon enough and we won’t have any of these issues…. right?!

wrexview
    Participant

The drains around Eagles Meadow and across to the Police Station are now immaculate , but those close to the Gresdord Roundabout have so much lush greenery growing out of them that it has started to trail across the pavement. Surely they must be on the priority list for cleaning soon !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

McLovin it? Plans resubmitted for third city centre McDonald’s

News

Plans for Senedd increase and voting system change move forward

News

Chester Zoo welcomes rare male giant otter to help save his species

News

The Role Of Landlords In Shaping Wrexham’s Housing Future

News

Racecourse could be 55,000 capacity stadium say Rob and Ryan

News

Wrexham gang who targeted families for sentimental gold jailed for more than 14 years

News