car park charges

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum car park charges

• Author

allangeorgedavies
    Participant

my niece parked on the home bargains car park she returned to her car and drove off,she was 11 minutes over the 2 hours allowed 1 week later she got a parking fine through the post for £50 if she didt pay it in a week i think it rises to £80 and so on just wanted to warn you all about this car-park you will be fined if you are over 2 hours

Rob
    Participant

Its likely not a fine but an invoice – do you still have a copy of it?

allangeorgedavies
    Participant

shes paid it mate ive read up on parking eye and it seems you cant beat them

Liam
    Participant

@allangeorgedavies 16992 wrote:

shes paid it mate ive read up on parking eye and it seems you cant beat them

You can if you ignore the letters. Very rare that they take people to court.

BorrasBill
    Participant

@allangeorgedavies 16989 wrote:

my niece parked on the home bargains car park she returned to her car and drove off,she was 11 minutes over the 2 hours allowed 1 week later she got a parking fine through the post for £50 if she didt pay it in a week i think it rises to £80 and so on just wanted to warn you all about this car-park you will be fined if you are over 2 hours

If she was over 2 hours in Home Bargains surely all she should have done was gone to see the manager of the store, I wouldn’t have thought any shop would want to kick you out if you were still shopping after 2 hours. I am sure the manager would have the authority to cancel the fine.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Or maybe we are not being told the full story. IF she left the site to shop elsewhere in town, I don’t think there can be too many objections to the penalty. After all, there are several large signs indicating that parking is for people visiting the premises on the site only.
    Similarly, I have no sympathy with people who park on the Wickes or Tesco car parks who go to shop in town and find that they have received a penalty notice on their return.
    And all to save a £1 – £2 ? I ask you!!

Andy
    Participant

@Liam 16993 wrote:

You can if you ignore the letters. Very rare that they take people to court.

Parking Eye are the most litigious PPC going by far. They are owned by Capita and sometimes issue thousands of court papers a month. ( This is backed up by FOI requests to HM Courts)

They can be beaten in court with a good defence. A judge ruled against them last week at Wrexham Court.

Parking Prankster: ParkingEye lose in court. Beavis judgment not applicable to paid car parking

” ive read up on parking eye and it seems you cant beat them”

You Haven’t read very well. PE are easy beatable with an appeal to POPLA with the statement “The amount claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss”

All the help you need is at

Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking – MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Also, private companies or private individuals cannot issue penalties to anyone.

Chris
    Participant

Latest ruling against parking eye £100 fine ruled to be a penalty rather than recovering their costs.
    Wrexham man awarded costs as well.

Injured Snowdon hiker wins fight to quash £100 parking fine – Daily Post

ps Sorry Rob for DP link guess Liam will aprove ha ha

Darlofan
    Participant

@BenjaminM 16996 wrote:

Or maybe we are not being told the full story. IF she left the site to shop elsewhere in town, I don’t think there can be too many objections to the penalty. After all, there are several large signs indicating that parking is for people visiting the premises on the site only.
    Similarly, I have no sympathy with people who park on the Wickes or Tesco car parks who go to shop in town and find that they have received a penalty notice on their return.
    And all to save a £1 – £2 ? I ask you!!

Depends what you’re doing. If I park in any of those mentioned above all of which are within 200 yds of each other why would I jump in my car and drive to each one? I’d park in one and walk across to the others. Shops with these parking penalties need to be careful as it ends up getting them bad press. I’ve asked the question on here before about what happens when I park in Wickes pop in spend thousands on a kitchen, bathroom etc then decide to walk over and grab a paper at tesco forecourt I would be slapped with a fine. Now I can see Wickes getting the fine cancelled but not without a fight and me posting it all over the Internet.

MP1953
    Participant

@Darlofan 17013 wrote:

Depends what you’re doing. If I park in any of those mentioned above all of which are within 200 yds of each other why would I jump in my car and drive to each one? I’d park in one and walk across to the others. Shops with these parking penalties need to be careful as it ends up getting them bad press. I’ve asked the question on here before about what happens when I park in Wickes pop in spend thousands on a kitchen, bathroom etc then decide to walk over and grab a paper at tesco forecourt I would be slapped with a fine. Now I can see Wickes getting the fine cancelled but not without a fight and me posting it all over the Internet.

You are right exactly the same as eagles meadow, when planning was first put in parking should have been thought about, private parking companies should not have been allowed, so whos fault was it ?? but even so surly the shops themselves can do something about it…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham man sentenced to 10 years for sexual abuse of child

News

Fleur Robinson to leave role as Wrexham AFC Chief Executive

News

Property Valuation 101: What Every Homeowner Should Know

News

LIVE VIDEO: Andy Dunbobbin WINS Police and Crime Commissioner election

News

Wrexham AFC release retained and released player list

News

Welsh Ambulance Service urges public to protect resources over Bank Holiday