The Old Underground Toilet in Town

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Old Underground Toilet in Town

• Author

Chrischevy
    Participant

Remember it, next to the mini roundabout, between the Guild Hall & little cycling shop?

Did they fill it in, or did they just block it off?

Are there still 1980’s piss heads trapped inside?

bubble
    Participant

Oh, don’t. You’ll get me all nostalgic for the old bus station toilets with their shiny toilet paper. I’m sad to say it, but in my opinion, they were heaps better than the toilets in the current bus station.

Andy
    Participant

Daave63
    Participant

Remember it well too, guaranteed low prices too apparently! Do you remember close by thete was a electronic map of town, you could press a button and light up a landmark!! Also looking at the pic, Chester could learn a trick or too, if they knock down all them old black & white buildings, they could create some lovely quite areas!!

Wrexham1
    Participant

I read somewhere that the toilets are still under there and are used as an underground storage room that can be accessed from the new building next to where the stairs down to them originally were. Not sure if this is true though

Chrischevy
    Participant

Nice photo.

It was the quality of the materials in those old toilets that really impressed, that’s why I always wonder if it still exists. It would have been such a waste to just fill it in.

I like the idea of it being used as storage, I hope it’s true.

Idris
    Participant

Before they were bogs it was a bunker from the war and the mayor and top brass would shelter there when the air raid siren went off.

JasonBellisJones
    Participant

Didn’t the toilet have a tunnel that led to High Street & Parish Church?

Sheefag
    Participant

I believe it was a Priest Hole around the time of the civil war.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News