How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

• Author

Nen
    Participant

On my lunchtime stroll through the centre of town today I saw no less than TEN drugged up zombies! Nine men and one woman (who appeared to have urinated all over herself as well).

This is stopping people coming into town which will make shops close down which will kill the town. The Authorities need to act NOW before it’s too late.

I hear that one of the reasons that the problem is so prevalent on Wrexham is that all the “services” (whatever they are) that the druggies need to access are concentrated in the town centre. Given this, isn’t one possible solution to move these services out of town and into a less visible area, perhaps a cluster on the Industrial Estate?

What other ideas have people got to help solve this problem?

What are the Authorities doing? Whatever it is, it isn’t enough.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Moving the ‘zombies’ around surely is not the solution as there will always be a Nimby – Not In My Back Yard– support services )I use the word support and not just services) are crucial to ensure that something is being done to try and break the cycle of substance misuse.
    Criminalising someone who cant pay a fine is pointless but finding the trigger for these people to see THEY need to change is the most difficult. Without their will to pull themselves out of a certain route to an early death no matter how many services are around they wont solve the problems

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=129023]Moving the ‘zombies’ around surely is not the solution as there will always be a Nimby – Not In My Back Yard– support services )I use the word support and not just services) are crucial to ensure that something is being done to try and break the cycle of substance misuse.
    Criminalising someone who cant pay a fine is pointless but finding the trigger for these people to see THEY need to change is the most difficult. Without their will to pull themselves out of a certain route to an early death no matter how many services are around they wont solve the problems

[/quote]

Yes, but better not to have them in the town centre where they are affecting a lot of businesses and bringing down the reputation of the whole town / county. Push them towards support services somewhere like by the new prison. It may not solve the problem but it helps to solve the visibility aspect at least. Plus, more travelling to their services means less time hanging round and taking drugs. If they end up having to walk further, then at least that’s good exercise for them.

Liam
    Participant

I say we all go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=129029]LiamParticipant

I say we all go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.[/quote]

I think that’s what our councillors are doing.

They oversaw the concentration of these services in one area, took the credit when these services opened, but now wring their hands and claim it’s out of their control when it comes to dealing with the problems this has caused. Whilst one councillor cannot be expected to represent the differing views of all in their constituency, surely one of their responsibilities is to consider the risks of their policies on all constituents (not just on those with substance abuse issues), and I think they have completely failed to do this, particularly in the Rhosddu/Grosvenor Road area.

I am a serial abstainer when it comes to voting – I make a point of attending the polling station but I spoil my ballot paper. I also have some principles when it comes to who I vote for (e.g. I won’t vote for UKIP). But in May I intend to actually vote for a candidate – and there is no way I will vote for the incumbent as I think our current councillors have let Wrexham down disgracefully.

Nen
    Participant

I know a few people, especially women with children who say that they will no longer go into town, and won’t let their older children go in, as they don’t feel it’s safe anymore. This is literally in the last few weeks.

AMA Express
    Participant

I work on the Industrial Estate, near the HMP, why should I and my colleagues have to put up with a Zombie Invasion ?

Instead of shoplifting and breaking into homes they’ll be breaking into factories and warehouses and stealing from cars to pay for their habit.

There’s far too little Police presence on the estate to deal with the parking problems created by the prison staff and contractors, Boy Racers, Trail Bikers, Travellers, Chancers etc as it is.

You’re not solving the problem just by moving them.

zinger
    Participant

A wing in the prison complex might be a good idea. There could be all the services they need ie healthcare & rehabilitation. They don’t need to go into town anyway as they are too zonked out to purchase lawful items. It was a ridiculous idea to concentrate these services in town but neither should people on the outskirts & villages have to put up with them either.

AMA Express
    Participant

Anyway, give it a few months and the headlines will be “Shock ! Horror ! Gasp ! There are drugs in the prison ! How did they get in ? ”

Then we’ll get all the usual platitudes…. Heads will roll,,Enquiry,, Lessons Learnt,,New regime,,Tough on drugs etc etc

Nen
    Participant

Update: I had a nice chat with one of the zombies in one of his more lucid moments. He said that he and his mates have recently relocated to Wrexham from Rhyl! I asked him why and he said it was a combination of factors really:

1. Wrexham is fast becoming known as the “gold standard” in the region in caring for / supporting homeless drug users whereas other areas have closed their services due to cuts (I guess the council is doing something right!)

2. They can get their “stuff” easily and at competitive prices here

3. They don’t tend to get bothered by the police in Wrexham like other areas.

He said that as word of mouth is getting round, more and more are considering the move to Wrexham from other areas. I guess they have few commitments, so why not?

Edit: I went to talk to him later on as I had thought of a couple of follow on question but he looked out of it and just told me to f*** off and did a throat cutting gesture – I guess he must not have recognised me.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News