Gritters Out

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gritters Out

• Author

wid9999
    Participant

Saturday 22nd March. Minimum forecast temp tonight 2degC and yet the council are tweeting that the gritters are out. Can anyone help with WHY?
    Trying to use supplies before new budget year? And why out at 7pm? Any effect will be much much lessened by the coldest time surely?
    Hopefully im just missing the point?

dewi73
    Participant

They’ve over ordered the salt/grit this year due to the mild winter so it looks better on the books if they get rid of as much as they can.

wid9999
    Participant

They do seem to be using it for the sake of it

99DylanJones
    Participant

It’s twelve months since we had the major downfall of snow — lets see what we wake up to tomorrow!!!!

AMA Express
    Participant

Dammed if they do. Dammed if they don’t.

harry
    Participant

Followed a gritter (amber lights flashing) down the A483 and thru acrefair at 10.45pm tonight – temp 4.c according to my car. But what was being spread didnt appear to be normal ‘grit’ but very fine dust :confused: As I drove in to Denbighshire, up thru Llangollen towards Corwen on the A5 there was no grit on the roads at all. Not that it was needed, got home 15 mins ago and it was still 4.c!

99DylanJones
    Participant

Looks like we didn’t get the repeat of the snow 12 months ago – nice shinny weather so looks like it was a case of get rid of the grit.
    In the Council debate on Plas Madoc it was suggested that the contingency funding for bad weather should be used to keep the Centre open– being very cynical if they used money last night to spread unnecessary grit then part of that pot of money has now gone so couldn’t get used in Plas Madoc.
    Explanation please Wrexham Council

BenjaminM
    Participant

This thread started off badly and then rapidly degenerated into one of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories that I have had the misfortune to read, ever.
    I am sure that they rely on better information than the temperature read out in a car or information obtained from a (shall I say) unnamed weather forecasting source.
    As AMA Express states “Damned if they do. Damned if they don’t”.

99DylanJones
    Participant

This was not about a conspiracy but just reflective of how people feel about some of the Councils past decisions – does anyone know if there was gritting in neighboring Authorities as you would assume they would all get their weather information from the same source. It still really needs WCBC to explain why based on the weather forecasts in the public domain

BenjaminM
    Participant

On this thread alone, WCBC have been accused of:-
    1. Wasting resources so that it looks better on the books.
    2. Gritting for the sake of it.
    3. To prevent surplus monies being reallocated to Plas Madoc.
    All based on supposition without one shred of evidence to support the assertions.

And you still say that WCBC aren’t being accused of conspiring?

Insomuch as is stated ‘reflective of how………..past decisions’, the title of the thread is quite specific in its’ intent, ie Gritters Out, how is that reflective of past decisions?
    Beats me, I’m afraid.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Landmark reforms which will increase number of politicians in Senedd get go-ahead

News

Chester Zoo’s gastro pub extends opening hours due to demand

News

Local autism charity announces return of popular Summer Fete

News

Crafting Your Dream Home: Expert Tips for Designing Your Swindon Sanctuary

News

New ‘walking food tour’ of Wrexham set to launch this summer

News

Council Leader would support Rob & Ryan’s 55k seater Racecourse ambition

News