Dog Left Tied To A Tree

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Dog Left Tied To A Tree

• Author

Chris
    Participant

I think if you do your research you will find dogs are more likely to attack people when in or around their territory or when they have restricted movement ie tied up or on a leash.

My original point was dog was being exercised off lead as is excepted practice. You inferred that is not the case and they are only allowed lead in designated areas which to be honest is your opinion. To back it up you mention recent news about children getting savaged when i researched there is nothing to back it up. In fact I would expect that dogs who do not get the right type of exercise are more likely to be dangerous.

If you know anything about collies you would be aware they need large amounts of physical and mental stimulation as such they are not really suitable as pets, due to the amount of work you need to put in.

I agree that the dog may not have run off if it was on a lead but by not being on a lead does not necessarily make the owner irresponsible. If the dog was being exercised in a children’s park when children were around then it would be irresponsible.

In this area could you please name one of these designated areas for exercising dogs that you mention. I only know of one but its outside of Wrexham

Iceman
    Participant

You have me at a disadvantage as you obviously know more about dogs than I do. You are also making incorrect assumptions about what I am saying though. To spell it out for you, it is a fact that children have been savaged by dogs recently. I have not said that this occured during exercise. I am not going to research these for you or provide you with links to articles. Most dogs that have attacked children recently seem to have been family or friends pets. However, if a dog is on a lead, it is much easier for the owner to control than if it is not. Therefore it is my OPINION that dogs should be kept on a lead when in public. This is also recommended by Wrexham Council. I do not agree that it is accepted practice for dogs to be excercised off a lead. It may happen, but so does dog fouling. It does not make it right.
    Finally, to clarify no I do not know anything about ‘collies’ and I don’t particularly want to.

zinger
    Participant

Some dogs – vicious breeds are bought for different reasons. Often to prove masculinity. Family pets are of a different category. If my dog is off lead she is usually more interested in chasing a ball or sniffing other dogs or rabbit holes & having fun rather than approaching other people. There aren’t many people who can run as fast as a dog who needs exercise.

Chris
    Participant

@Iceman 10338 wrote:

Accepted practice? Where? in my opinionDogs should be on a lead at all times in public, other than designated areas. Have you seen the news recently?which is not related to dogs being exercised

I have edited your post for you, do you agree thats what you were trying to say.

Iceman
    Participant

Wow, you really do like trying to put words in my mouth don’t you? It’s quite a desperate way to try and win your argument and also very facetious.
    I will expand on it in my own words.
    Accepted practice? What evidence do you have to support this? Dogs in public should be on a lead, according to Wrexham Council. Please note that this is not the law, but I think it should be. There are areas where dogs can be exercised off a lead, although I do not have a list of these areas. Have you seen the news recently? Little kids have been killed by dogs. Some of these dogs were even family pets! Dogs can be deadly and you never know when they will turn on people. Therefore when they are being exercised they need to be under control. The only effective way of doing this is by having them on a lead. Even trained dogs disobey their owners on ocassion. Amatuer trainers should be even more wary.

P.S. your post has something about a shotgun. What is all that about?

Chris
    Participant

Wrexham CBC website state dogs should be kept under control – Fact
    Iceman states

Dogs in public should be on a lead, according to Wrexham Council

= made up
    Iceman states

Therefore when they are being exercised they need to be under control.The only effective way of doing this is by having them on a lead.

= Opinion
    Have you seen a collie work?
    Iceman states

Dogs can be deadly and you never know when they will turn on people.

= Opinion
    There are many tell tail signs to when a dog is aggressive Unfortunately there are a lot of dogs owners unable to spot these sign and no restriction on them having unsuitable pets 2nd sentence is my opinion.

Iceman states

Even trained dogs disobey their owners on ocassion. Amatuer trainers should be even more wary.

= opinion
    I do agree with this comment although a disobedient is not in the same league as being aggressive.

Iceman you continually bring up children being killed by dogs, this is unfortunately true. I fail to see where this fits into this discussion as it bears no relevance to dogs being exercised off lead. I have done some extensive searches to find evidence of a dog attacking a child whilst being exercised with no result. My opinion is that should a child be exercising there own dog they are at risk should another dog attack the childs dog. Again there appears to be no reported instances of this although adults have been hurt trying to separate fighting dogs.

P.S. your post has something about a shotgun. What is all that about?

Im disappointed that you only managed to see one word in a five word sentence and try and sensationalise it. To simplify it for you Satellite shotgun cable for sale first of all lets remove the “For Sale” part as that is self explanatory.

As for the first three words in my signature Let me google that for you

I keep asking for you to provide links or do research as you try to pass off your opinions as facts which devalues your argument. Its not even hard to do as you obviously have access to the www.

Iceman
    Participant

I am not quite sure how you think that, “on a lead” as stated on the Council website, does not mean, on a lead.
    Also, once again, you have taken an innocemt sentence, i.e. me asking what the shotgun thing was all about, and tried to make out that I am sensationalising it. I asked what it was all about as in what is it and why does it appear evertime you post. Despite you trying to make me ‘back up’ everything I say by giving you the research, you refuse to tell me. I had a look. Its something about cable for satellite dishes. I still don’t know why it is there all the time.
    I think that you need to remember that this is a forum where people exchange their opinions. Webare entitled to voice our opinions here without having to quote legislation or research.There is no point getting all defensive and being so facetious.
    Dogs in public should be on a lead.

NJones
    Participant

Here we go again- yes people do have opinions that we/ you might not agree with or might not be ‘accurate’. Plastering it all over the forum is healthy debate but don’t take it personally all. The end result is often someone getting worked up and people not bothering to read or contribute to the forum.

zinger
    Participant

Peoples opinions do differ & the vast majority of dog owners are responsible. The few that aren’t spoil things for those that are. We have always been a nation of dog lovers & it is a shame that the height of feelings caused by the deaths of 10 children in 8 years makes responsible dog owners become lepers in society. When people decide on having a dog they should consider if the breed is suitable to be around children. They say, “Give a dog a bad name” & that is just what some people do.

Chris
    Participant

It is easy to state or imply something as a fact it is harder validate that point without evidence. Ie you say the council website states “on a lead” I have looked and cannot see where it states that. You could prove me wrong easily if you put a link to that page of the website.
    This is a discussion forum but if you phrase something as a fact have the grace to back it up with evidence.

Ref the shotgun cable I was selling, its my signature on this forum it out of date but appears on every post. I will update it for you.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News

Wales’ dental services at “risk of catastrophic collapse”

News