Cummings and Goings.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cummings and Goings.

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Anybody want any holes digging- Cummings could dig one faster than a JCB!!

Steve Hartwell
    Participant

I just watched Cummings trying to defend his own ignoring of the restrictions as justified… what a poor defense he made of it… shame for all the people that really did obey the lockdown

Anonymous
    Inactive

The majority of us non-lefties will be very grateful to both Boris and Dominic for ending the 2 year impass on Brexit. Two years wasted by lefties on trying to thwart a democratic decision. The news is that the people solidly rejected your views in great numbers. The lefties couldn’t accept the democratic decision as they can’t forgive or will ever be willing to understand the current Dominic Cummings situation. What they want now is another 2 years discussing this current issue. It has finished, it is in the past, like Brexit we are out – move on.
    All the press and the TV are remainers and the same un-representative crowd, both locally and nationally, are out in their numbers and bleating on trying to make a lost point again. Even the Lib Dems have pooped up – do you remember them from Brexit? Boris (with Dominic in tow) were elected by a very significant majority of us. There are more important issues, where were you when the police were breaking up local parties and pubs that were open, this is where the real risk both is and was. You have to realise that you are lefties in opposition forever, forever, forever…

Matt
    Participant

The irony is delicious here – your name is votethecouncillorsout, so what does that make you – the opposition.

Also if you are super right wing then are the councillors all lefties? But they are in power.

Your arguments are more pickled than when Peter Piper starts picking them.

Oh and nice nod that Dominic is running the show completely unelected.

I’m guessing that makes it a bit like that kids TV show Dick and Dom in da Bungalow (Number 10).

cmaj76
    Participant

Wow votethecouncillorsout, you’re really clutching at the old straws now. No mention of Cummings and Boris appauling behaviour and back to Brexit. That’s it when all else fails a pig-headed refusal to look facts in the face will see us through.
    They’ve both been exposed for the incompetent frauds they are. They’ve both destroyed what very little faith anybody had in them.

Rondetto
    Participant

I have just seen the grovelling excuse he has just made to the media on tv this afternoon. This is the man who advised the Prime minister of how people should behave throughout the current pandemic He said If anyone in the family home showed any signs of Covid-19 then the family should not share towels and bedding and to isolate for 14 days. WE were told that during Lockdown we were not to travel any distance apart from food shopping, medicines or to work If we couldn’t work from home.
    We stuck by these rules, many of us who have grandchildren, daughters, sons etc haven’t seen them since mid March.
    This man’s excuses are abysmal at the least. He should have adhered to his own advice and isolated within his own home and after the initial 14 days assess If anyone was still showing any signs of the illness. He says he travelled 260 to isolate and protect his child because he himself was showing signs of Covid-19.
    Believe me, If he had signs of this disease he wouldn’t have been able to drive more than 2 miles.
    I am most disappointed in Boris Johnson for not sacking him, he has let down the country and also let down his own credibility as a politician.

JaneJ
    Participant

Looks like all Specdsaver shops will now be closing based on Boris endorsing a 30 mile car drive as a way to test your eyes

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cumgate will roll on after that car crash of an explanation.
    Prince Andrew must be advising Johnson and his boss on strategy.

Truthbeknown
    Participant

The Country is virtually on its knees and all everyone is concerned about is getting some nobody they despise, even though they don’t know him at all, the sack. Everyone on their high horse and I bet everyone has flouted lockdown in one way or another?. I’m sure every shop we made was essential! or every walk we took was for exercise. That pack of wolves “aka the press” outside his home today and yesterday was a disgrace, hypocritical in every sense without an ounce of social distance. If they did that in front of my child they would be facing some wrath that’s for sure. I for one am sick to death of all this rubbish political point scoring from the left, its not about you its about this country and our future well being. Today the briefing to explain the current covid situation was completely high-jacked by smug looking journalists looking for Boris to falter and to try and undermine the progress being made without any input that was worthy of a mention. I have parents, children and grandchildren and have not seen them, does it make me sad? very! does what Cummings did 6 weeks ago make me angry? no more than any other person twisting rules to suit their situation. I’m more concerned about the future.

Matt
    Participant

It is funny how people keep carting out that it’s the left who are targeting and attacking Cummings for his actions when it’s the majority of the country angry at him – ordinary people – including the Daily Mail readership. Disgusted from Tunbridge Wells has written to his local Tory MP expecting something to be done about it. Left, centre and right unite in condemning the rule breaker who apparently made them up. If you saw your school headteacher vandalising school property after he’d given you detention for something like littering – you’d be pissed off as well.

To find commentariat apologists who back Johnson Cummings Flying Circus you have to go as far right as Katie Hopkins. Then Attila the Hun style anonymous trolls on forums and social media try to sledgehammer their repeated blunt points across that no-one in their right minds agree with.

Cummings isn’t a nobody, he smugly gets his mug about when there’s credit to be taken, such as over Brexit and helping Johnson secure a majority in the last election – he’s Johnson’s Shadow. So of course everyone knows who he is, the general public were forced to become more politically woke because of Brexit. The fact that he had the BBC waiting and the general public today just goes to show just how much he loves the media circus people claim hound him so badly.

Because of his higher profile he can’t expect to just fade into the background and start breaking all the rules constantly like he’s some kind of anonymous nobody which propaganda is bizarrely trying to paint him as. When Ant McPartlin crashed his car under the influence – the entire media and the country noticed and there was understandable pressure and attention on him and his family and his associates. That is the double edged sword of being in the public eye. If you love all the plaudits and kudos garnered when doing positive things in the public eye either don’t put a foot wrong and remain unimpeachable. Otherwise don’t expect your bad behaviour to either go unnoticed or unpunished if caught.

Last time I checked all the pub lockdowns and secret lockdown breaking parties were severely chastised by the Facebook mob – they have garden variety infractions well covered, whereas we deal with bigger issues on here. Most of us here are intelligent enough to know that sort of thing during lockdown is a bad idea and trust the police to deal with it. Unfortunately when The Prime Minister condones the behaviour of one everyone else has baulked at, then we have to start insisting issues are dealt with, as its a big f*ck you to anyone who hasn’t seen relatives in months, people have lost grandparents and parents who they were never able to hug again and in some cases weren’t even able to attend the funeral. That’s a tragedy and all that time Cummings was doing the Cannonball Run up and down to Durham whenever he saw fit to meet family members as he pleased. Now he’s shoving bullshit down people’s throats on camera like a regular Silvio Berlusconi.

Oh and is it the case that the reason so many of you anti lockdown loons want it removed so badly is because you are struggling to keep to the rules and keep flouting lockdown? Because me and I’m sure the vast majority of posters here and Wrexhamites are able to stick to the rules. Big shop once a week, pharmacy for prescription once a month and a dog walk once a day, but more often than not I go after dark and don’t see a soul. My car was last filled up with fuel mid March before lockdown. No trips to Durham for me.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning to motorbike and moped owners after series of vehicle thefts

News

Wrexham Music & Theatre Society unveils cast for its first musical in 17 years

News

Firefighting Foam and You: PFAS Exposure and VA Claims

News

Encountered a Car Accident in St. Louis? Questions to Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer

News

Smart benches with solar power coming to city centre in regeneration scheme

News

Bring your broken items to Wrexham’s Repair Cafe this weekend!

News