WCBC Overspend fall out

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum WCBC Overspend fall out

• Author

IMHO
    Participant

Just called into my local library to see if they would get me a book only to be informed by a very pi***d off librarian that due to the WCBC overspend her budget has been cut so, no new books for us. Waste £1000’s on silly projects like the forthcoming brain dead 20mph blanket speed limits amongst others then leave us to put up with the fall out. Labour/Plaid need sorting out as they are running riot and blanket 20mph speed limits are not the end, next will be the national speed limit getting pegged back to 50mph. 50’s to 40. Wales wide LTN’s and LEZ’s anyone.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Have you tried Amazon?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

I have news for you IHMO – the Council ( which deals with libraries)is run by Independents and Tories and not Labour. Plaid too are in opposition except when they back the ‘ hare brain idea ‘ to spend on a judicial review so we can give developers a continued field day by having no overall plan !

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

Who’s in charge of the needless, yet very expensive roll out of 20mph?

As I’ve just read, the consultation is costing WCBC money they haven’t got?

Who is also forcing council’s in Wales to have a Local development plan?

Born Acorn
    Participant

All councils in England and Wales have to have an development plan. It’s literally the law.

As for who is forcing us to have the one just thrown out – that’ll be the high court.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

I heard that they’re looking at removing the free parking after 11am

DerekJackson
    Participant

The danger is a short term cut generated a longer term cost – look at the cleaning of drains – cut back on this and the next heavy rain is floods everywhere the cost more to sort than the drain savings in the first place.

Why do they still have Clywedog, Rhosnessni Maelor, St Josephs, Grango, Ruabon and Darland when they could get rid of two schools due to the number of spare spaces across Secondary Schools.

The Council do not mange Section 106 funding from developers often never collecting the funds or just leaving in their accounts so it is not used for intended purpose.

IMHO
    Participant

What a stupid and crass response. Buying all your books from Amazon and not using the libraries does nothing to help keep them open.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Dear IMHO ….

“Within our library services, the decision not to purchase any more books during this financial year outside of our existing commitments has reluctantly been made. ‌‌​‌​​​‍‌​‌​​‌‌‌‍‌​‌‌​​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌‌​This should save us approximately £19k.”

I was kidding initially but there are a lot of second hand on-line stores that you could try including Oxfam. Saving £19k could save a librarian’s job.

Regards

Owain

PS The 20mph rubbish won’t impact WCBC services with its cost of £32.3m, mostly for 30,000 replacement signs, 5,000 posts and new road markings.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

What book did you want btw? Lets see if any readers here can help.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News