Sound Studio Vic Youth Club Closure

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sound Studio Vic Youth Club Closure

• Author

Mike B
    Participant

Yesterday I found out that the Sound Studio at Vic Youth Centre is to close down in May of this year.
    I intend to write to my MP and ask if there is anything that can be done to avoid this and ask others who use this forum to do the same.

The service is excellent and friendly and know of no other studios within the local area.

Mike

JaneJ
    Participant

Is this another if the Council’s best kept secrets- does anyone on the threads know we had a sound studio in Wexham.
    Who was supposed to be promoting it — was it ever actually used or has it been a white elephant costing money but no one using it- if it is the latter then it should close.

beedar
    Participant

‘ Queen’s Park Youth Club was demolished several years ago with the promise of a ‘ State of the art ‘ new replacement. Yeah, sure.

zinger
    Participant

Places like the Sound Studio need to be promoted. I had never heard of it either.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Mike has our Local MP actually been to The Studio– did he make a recording?..
    or is this a mystery to him as well.
    Its sad to see any facility due to close but what’s been done to attract users.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Mr Zinger, isn’t that the whole point of a sound studio, you shouldn’t hear it! Seriously though – clunk-click, every trip!

Metalhead
    Participant

I do know exactly what this facility is, my daughter recorded a demo there a few years ago (a bunch of them used to practice there to). Very sad to hear this is due to close.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly save this is for a trust of some kind to be set up to run it, bit like some Community Centres are doing.

Community Right to Bid | My Community Rights

99DylanJones
    Participant

Metalhead the principle is good but Community Right to Bid | My Community Rights
    does not apply in Wales the Welsh Government have not adopted the scheme most a pity.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Trust, trust, trust – trust someone to come up with that idea, another winner!! The trouble we these things is I just don’t tru….believe them!

Metalhead
    Participant

@Maureen Gray 18978 wrote:

Trust, trust, trust – trust someone to come up with that idea, another winner!! The trouble we these things is I just don’t tru….believe them!

Behold non-believer! :p

About Us | Gresford and District Community Library

Marford Community Centre is another example which springs to mind.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Calls for first minister to hand back £200,000 donation from convicted environmental polluter

News

A view from Mark Isherwood – Welsh Conservative North Wales Member of the Senedd

News

School dinners “failing to fill” children in Wales, concerning new survey shows

News

Weather warning issued with thunderstorms forecast this afternoon

News

Take photo ID and GO VOTE for the next Police and Crime Commissioner

News

Plans for major expansion of Wrexham Industrial Estate to go ahead despite concerns

News