Cams "n" weather station

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Cams "n" weather station

• Author

Jonesy
    Participant

Any news on the skyline and parish church webcams?

Also is the weather station ever coming back on-line? I miss the exact temperature in Wrexham data rather than the Hawarden met office one :(

Rob
    Participant

Oddly enough I was due to sort the skyline cam yesterday but it didnt happen – and sods law the rain is coming down now so wont be fun to do later if that happens.

The weather station is there collecting data, but its the connection to the net thats causing issues. I will chase that up though as its been off the todo list for a while now!

Jonesy
    Participant

Cheers Rob – will be good when all is back up! Nice view of St Giles etc

Steve
    Participant

Rob
    Participant

Excellent I will see if they can get sorted this weekend!

The webcams are live again – Webcams in Wrexham | Wrexham.com . The old one was broken , so we have swapped that out (down to the last one!) as although they were purchased as being outdoor it seems they dont like being outdoors…!

Anyway…its live, but does need an exposure tweak or two , but need to see some sun / night for that…
    current-wide-clean-800.jpg

Jonesy
    Participant

thanks Rob – looks good and will be even better when tweaked for night and bright sun (looking at the night pic now – will that stop the slight blurring?)

How often do the cams update?

Rob
    Participant

It ought to – the link to the uncropped version is https://www.wrexham.com/mobotix/cam/right-current.jpg if you want a nosey!

They update every 3-4 mins, then the raw image is chopped to a medium and a smaller one for use on the site.

Steve
    Participant

Following on from my previous link if you want full information from the weather station based in Rhostyllen you can find it here.

Rhostyllen PWS

Andy
    Participant

I see the £375,000 Penthouse isn’t very private.

Rob
    Participant

It appears the rain last night may have killed the cam!

Or, more hopefully, its a case of a dodgy connection somewhere…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham man sentenced to 10 years for sexual abuse of child

News

Fleur Robinson to leave role as Wrexham AFC Chief Executive

News

Property Valuation 101: What Every Homeowner Should Know

News

LIVE VIDEO: Andy Dunbobbin WINS Police and Crime Commissioner election

News

Wrexham AFC release retained and released player list

News

Welsh Ambulance Service urges public to protect resources over Bank Holiday