Posted: Wed 30th Nov 2011

Charles Street Town Centre Flat Fire

Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the Wrexham area
This article is old - Published: Wednesday, Nov 30th, 2011


Two fire engines and two first response ambulance ‘first responder’ cars are currently in Charles St in the town centre after a fire broke out in a private flat.

The fire was caused by an extractor fan in the three floor property which is thought to be above Henrys Barbers.

Two occupants are currently being treated for minor smoke inhalation at the scene.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said they were called to the property at 13.27pm after a smoke alarm was set off.

One hose reel and two sets of breathing apparatus were used by fire crews who are currently still on the scene.

It is reported that ‘Henrys’ the hairdresser was affected, but Wrexham based cobbler @Nige_TheCobbler on twitter said it was not serious.

If you have any further information please tweet @wrexham or email [email protected] !

 

 



Spotted something? Got a story? Email [email protected]



Have a look at...

Senedd backs plan for British Sign Language Bill to improve deaf access

Welsh Government commission London economic consultants to review business rates in Wales

“Unexpected” Rwanda focus for Stiwt Choral Concert

Free ten hour online Welsh taster course for Wrexham AFC fans as club strengthens ties with language

Police launch missing person appeal

Children’s hospices call for sustainable funding with symbolic giant butterfly display in Cardiff Bay

Cancer patient’s poem moves Senedd to tears

Former Policeman leaves a legacy of hope by sponsoring a patient room at a hospice

“Palletline Wrexham” is new name for Ningbo Wrexham

Deputy PCC Wayne Jones retains role for further four-year term

Calls for Hybu Cig Cymru independence amid concerns of ‘toxic bullying culture’

Local man dies following Bronwylfa collision