Wrexham could be twinned with Chinese city

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham could be twinned with Chinese city

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

Who will pay for this if it happens? My Council Tax? or will they cut services to fund it?

Maureen Gray
    Participant

Please take-away this ridiculous idea!

Matt
    Participant

I fully support it – sounds like a brilliant idea. Shaolin Monks, some of the most peaceful people on the planet – it’s an absolute privilege that they have chosen to come to Wrexham and want us to be twinned with their city.

Thanks to Pol Wong for enabling this type of cross cultural exchange to happen.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=164597]I fully support it – sounds like a brilliant idea. Shaolin Monks, some of the most peaceful people on the planet – it’s an absolute privilege that they have chosen to come to Wrexham and want us to be twinned with their city.

Thanks to Pol Wong for enabling this type of cross cultural exchange to happen.[/quote]

Matt, have you had an afternoon in Wetherspoons with Councillor X again?

Maureen – Wok a good joke :)

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Why not? We can share some of our culture: freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of association, to name a few aspects of our culture. Everyone can benefit from hearing about other cultures and beliefs; the conversation and exchange has to be two-way. Sharing doesn’t mean lecturing or demanding others adopt your traditions and values, just learning about them. Just wandering around visiting tourist sites is a bit shallow.

Perhaps we could revive the link with Markischer Kreisz now that the council has rediscovered the potential benefits of twinning.

Sheefag
    Participant

Chernobyl or Hiroshima are the most obvious twins.

The Monitor
    Participant

[quote quote=164597]I fully support it – sounds like a brilliant idea. Shaolin Monks, some of the most peaceful people on the planet – it’s an absolute privilege that they have chosen to come to Wrexham and want us to be twinned with their city.

Thanks to Pol Wong for enabling this type of cross cultural exchange to happen.[/quote]

I echo your support, and also agree that Pol Wong enabling this has done the town a great favour. He instructs in the martial art Shaolin Kung Fu which has helped many children and adults in the Wrexham area.

IMHO
    Participant

Don’t we already have enough beggars on the streets of Wrexham?

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=164612]Perhaps we could revive the link with Markischer Kreisz now that the council has rediscovered the potential benefits of twinning.[/quote]

No point. Half of Poland now live in Wrexham.

Twinning only benefits the Councillors and ranking officials who get free holidays out of it.

Does anyone else remember Wrexham’s attempt to twin with Trinidad & Tobago when Dennis Lawrence and Carlos Carlos Edwards came to play for us?

littlerich
    Participant

I know people have opinions about new ideas , but that does not mean they have the right to be disrespectful to other cultures, they obviously don’t know anything about !!! PS What has beggars on the streets got to do with Chinese ??? Show a bit more respect people !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News