Welsh Government reports 4mph drop in speeds after 20mph implementation

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Welsh Government reports 4mph drop in speeds after 20mph implementation

  • Author
    Posts
  • #247514

    katy
    Blocked

    Something seems a bit fishy about the data that the Welsh government have put out.

    Firstly they are comparing a 4wk period in the summer, when it is drier and lighter to a 4k period in winter when the conditions are darker and there may be ice and snow on the roads. Would fully expect people to average a lower speed in winter than summer.

    Secondly, Mr Waters also stated “We also know from data published by Go Safe earlier this month that 97% of drivers are complying with the new slower speed limit – behaviours and attitudes towards 20mph are beginning to change.”

    My maths are not good enough to work out the exact figure, but if 97% of people are driving at 20mph or under, then surely the other 3% must be driving at something like 200mph+ for the average to be pulled up to 24.8mph.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News

“Lots of Wrexham routes make perfect sense for review” – Ken Skates on 20 MPH

News