Scrutiny

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Scrutiny

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Some politicians don’t like scrutiny!
    Five years ago the new prime minister Boris Johnson illegally prorogued parliament as it did not agree with his vision. Truss and Kwarteng decided their financial plan was so superb they didn’t need the Office for Budget Responsibility. And just this week Sunak evicted a Sky reporter from a Q & A session.
    Not to be left out our Tory/Independent council and their Plaid supporters decided independent scrutiny was too ‘ hot for them ‘ to handle and effectively sacked Audit committee members.
    Scrutiny- not for these non democrats!

zinger
    Participant

Sounds a bit like the Senedd.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

And your evidence for that wild statement?
    Don’t think the Sennedd have sacked their audit committee, in fact they are looking to widen the body to increase scrutiny!

zinger
    Participant

How did Mr Gethin come by £200,000 that even his own party doesn’t want to touch?

Where is the evidence that having a different default speed limit to the rest of the UK is saving lives with both air quality & fatalities?

Should people taking driving tests since the implimation of the new default speed limit in Wales be required to take a seperate one before crossing over the border.

Wasn’t there a little problem a while ago with Betsi Cadwaladr?

Just remind me again how we are better off being stuck with the same government for 25 years. Do we have a better health service, education system or transport network than the rest of the UK?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Hi Zinger
    Apart from the query on the health board they are mostly issues you raise rather than evidence of a lack of scrutiny in the Sennedd !
    As a Labour Party member I am glad we returned the questionablea donation and made my views clear locally.
    Whilst I agree that improvements needs to be made in the driving test ( does anyone use indicators nowadays ) the idea for a different test for different speed limits nearly got me choking on my breakfast!
    Only 9 months in to the reduced speed in built up areas , don’t swallow the ‘ blanket garbage’, so statistic will be more accurate after a year . However many road safety organisations-Brake ROSPA and environmental bodies -FOE Natural Wales welcomed this move.
    It is probably why a number of other areas , Cornwall, Portsmouth and large areas of London already have it !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales has a “long way to go to eradicate racism”, Senedd committee warns.

News

Seven candidates vying to become first MP for new Clwyd East constituency

News

Information appeal following Caia “robbery”

News

Acclaimed chef and enterprise hub serve-up wellbeing food parcels for families in Wrexham

News

Let’s Eat Cake fundraiser raises over £10,000 for children’s hospice

News

Warning Wales’ Additional Learning Needs reforms are not delivering

News