Planning Application for Houses in Rhostyllen

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Planning Application for Houses in Rhostyllen

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Having just read Wrexham.com’s article on the planning application for houses on a garage site in Rhostyllen I was struck by the inclusion of the idea that £10,000 would be available towards a pedestrian crossing on the Wrexham Road. It comes across as almost being a bribe , which I am sure is not allowed. Also who pays the bill for the rest of the cost of a pedestrian crossing ?

pete
    Participant

It does indeed appear to be a bribe, but it’s very common practice.
    They’re called section 106 agreements where the developers pay the council to provide or improve infrastructure (schools, roads, cycle routes) in the area in return for being granted planning permission.

Chris
    Participant

Its an interesting one this. How come planning was given for the houses just the other side of GTH. It is on the same road, one unit along and further away from the village.

As there is already a noise issue at the site, it would make the land useless to be redeveloped for another industrial use. Would the council prefer yet another derelict building in the county?

wrexview
    Participant

In addition the removal of the Bersham Colliery spoil tip will also create noise and dust in that area over a fairly long period of time, if the project reaches completion. What proposals are there for that land use after the spoil tip is removed?

Chris
    Participant

The last I heard was the area was to be made into a country park AKA Hafod spoil tip. Although the 10 yrs it will take is a long time in planninmg, so who knows what we will end with.

Rob
    Participant

Ski slope?! :)

Liam
    Participant

I think it’s fair enough them putting money towards the crossing as long as it does protect pedestrians. They’re in a bit of a catch 22 situation where they can’t carry out their commercial work due to council regulation, but they try and come up with a solution and they’re blocked by them once again.

Born Acorn
    Participant

I imagine selling the land with planning permission would also raise the funds necessary for Imperial Commercials to even move in the first place. No houses, no move.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News