Happy Birthday Groves

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Happy Birthday Groves

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

As the Grove school became ‘ surplus to requirements’ in 2003 I wondered if there were any plans to ‘ celebrate’ the occasion. Okay the combined brains of Aled -Ron -Neil and Mark have failed to sort it out but surely there is something to celebration.
    Admittedly one of those seemed to be reaching towards a potential solution about a decade ago but this got forgotten when he lost his way ! How much longer?

JaneJ
    Participant

Remember the Council runs their celebrations behind closed doors with only a select attendance list as an ex senior Council Member you may get your gold trimmed invite! (Make sure you take some pictures to share)

Born Acorn
    Participant

Perhaps we can celebrate with a Groves sized… and shaped… bonfire?

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

Remind me, which local political parties fought to get this building listed? Yet it still stands there empty, falling into disrepair at the expense of our council tax!

zinger
    Participant

I was under the impression that the Council voted to demolish & the Welsh Assembly Government over-ruled them. Wasn’t it ex-pupils who fought to get it listed? Of course my memory could be at fault.

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

Because Labour and Plaid protested for it to be listed building. yet, we are still in the same position.

Wasting our council tax when it could be demolition and put to better use – social housing perhaps?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

The Labour run council 2012-2014 ( September) were actively seeking with Coleg Cambria, to make a good educational use of this building, as per the covenant.
    The Independents and Tories took over – thanks you renegades you know who you are- and kiboshed that .
    As they have no concept of plans or strategy that is why this , and many other things have drifted!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

West End queen packs her running shoes for Llangollen Eisteddfod return!

News

Urgent calls for Welsh Water improvement amid environmental concerns

News

Mental health charity and Chirk café join forces to raise awareness of suicide prevention

News

70-year-old completes Wrexham 10k after overcoming mobility challenges

News

North Wales Police volunteers celebrated at awards ceremony

News

North Wales Police’s new Stalking Co-ordinator enhancing victim support

News