Bin Collections

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Bin Collections

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

The strike has shown us all the important work done by the council staff who collect our bins. Having visited the recycling site on the Wrexham industrial site, you are now allowed to put food waste in compostable bags into the green waste skip, along with your garden cuttings. This is only during the strike’s apparently.

AMA Express
    Participant

“The strike has shown us all the important work done by the council staff who collect our bins.” I wonder how they think that this will help their cause ? They’re just alienating their ‘supporters’.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Rather a mixed message there AMA. What is the point of taking strike action if it doesn’t have some impact? In the private sector, it can affect profits. In the public sector it can affect services.
    Reading between the lines, I think you are saying ….I’m in support of the industrial action……..as long as it doesn’t affect me!!

AMA Express
    Participant

If I thought that, I’d say it. I guess you failed your psychology degree.

Maureen Gray
    Participant

While I do support the action, I hope they catch up soon BUT not by getting overtime to do so.

wrexview
    Participant

Weather warning issued with blustery conditions forecast for Wrexham

No chance of an empty green bins around here being blown over , they are well anchored full of garden waste slowly decomposing, and unlikely be be emptied anytime soon.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

What the strike has revealed is how much waste some households in Wrexham produce! Some people’s carbon footprint would outsize even that of your typical American whose negative environmental impact on the planet is well known. Alcohol consumption levels at home are very visible too.

AMA Express
    Participant

Not that you’re being judgemental, of course.

WreX-iT
    Participant

“Some people’s carbon footprint would outsize even that of your typical American whose negative environmental impact on the planet is well known. Alcohol consumption levels at home are very visible too.”

Can you let us know where you got your facts from please loan?
    Has someone been through our bins AND the bins of America and do you have examples of the families please? We can name and shame these people and don’t start me on alcohol … who can afford it thanks to the Welsh Government?

Look forward to your evidence – iechyd da

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

I wonder whether the Council will use the currently enforced three-weekly general waste and recycling cycle as a trial of a potential permanent move to this

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Navigating the World of Online Dating!

News

Drop in number of Welsh-medium pupils in Wrexham blamed on lockdown

News

Free prostate cancer blood tests as local group share how to get a PSA Test

News

Council say “time to look at future” of Queensway trees due to ‘instability’

News

Popular ‘Coffee and Chat’ Group has launched in Wrexham

News

“Lovely atmosphere on procession” as Eisteddfod welcomed to Wrexham