Are you excited about the Olympic Torch coming to town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Are you excited about the Olympic Torch coming to town?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

Since the torch has ‘landed’ in the UK there seems to be an uplift in the number of people reading our articles on the setup for Wrexham.

The question is are you that bothered?

From people I have spoken to there seems to be a polarisation of people either very much for it or very much against – nothing inbetween!

(Info on whats planned: Wrexham Olympic Torch Celebrations Revealed | Wrexham.com

Details of the torch route itself: Route For Wrexham Olympic Torch Relay Revealed | Wrexham.com )

wrexview
    Participant

Cornwall turned out in their thousands yesterday to glimpse the torch, a first day wonder or the mark of what is to come?

Mike
    Participant

The first couple of days obviously had heavy media coverage so that’s likely to wane a bit, but who knows hopefully people will be excited enough to come out and have a look. For most of us it’s a once in a lifetime event having the Olympics in the UK (albeit England!) so it’s worth embracing!

KKOB
    Participant

Rob
    Participant

I am sure I read somewhere that 25% of the total cost was ‘security’ !

wrexview
    Participant

I see the Library car park is closed from 11 pm on the 29th May until 8 am on the 30th May. I know the Olympic Torch is going through the town early but I thought there were going to be events carrying on through out the morning outside the Guildhall. Cornwall County Council made all car parks free for the whole day the Torch made its way through the county, seems a good way to encourage people to watch and stay in town afterwards.

NJones
    Participant

Quite a few schools have told their pupils they can come in late- yet they complain when attendance is affected?

Its a complete waste of money in my opinion.

paul bearer
    Participant

Yes, I’m looking forward to it. This is a ‘once in a lifetime’ thing. I’ll never see it again in my lifetime. (Ok, I’m not THAT old)

Edit: Sorry Mike, I didn’t read your post before I posted.

wrexview
    Participant

The Torch has just reached the top of Snowdon, the highest point on its journey, and tomorrow Wrexham town centre and aqueduct !

ScooterSharon
    Participant

Getting really annoyed with BBC News Channel saying that the torch starts off in Chester tomorrow with no mention of Wrexham being a main stop. Wrexham taken off the map again!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News