Originally formed in March 14, 1906 Wrexham Golf Club has been based at several locations.
It was initially formed by members of Gwersyllt Park Golf Club which itself was created when members of Gresford Golf Club moved there after their course was closed due to land being used for the sinking of Gresford Colliery.
Having existed as a nine hole golf course at Gresford, Gwersyllt and Stansty the club was situated to Borras in 1923 where it became an eighteen hole course.
In 1941 it reverted to a nine hole course before the eighteen hole course as it currently exists was built in 1950.
The club has held a number of prestigious events over the years including the Welsh Club Championship.
It also holds an annual golf day to raise money for charity.
The clubhouse holds conference facilities, a dance floor and stage as well as a lounge and bar. The club has a pro golf shop on site too.
The golf course itself is available for private functions.
Details of membership rates can be found here.
Wrexham Golf Club
E-mail – email@example.com
Secretary/Manager: Mr Richard West – 01978 364268
Professional Shop: (Paul Williams) – 01978 351476
Discuss this with fellow wrexhamites our Wrexham Forums. Other recent threads on the forums include:
Y8's March For Living Wage
Councilor end of term reports
Commercial pub planning
117 New Dwellings In Rhosrobin
No bin collection due to strike action
Child Abuse Enquires including North Wales