Ysgol Rhiwabon students celebrate sporting success
Ysgol Rhiwabon students are celebrating after a successful day at the Athletics Championships at Queensway,.
In the team competition the junior girls and middle boys ranked fifth, with the junior boys and middle girls coming third.
There were some standout individual performances, with several students winning their events.
Poppy Bostock, Year 11 and Lucy Jones, Year 9, winning the Victrix Ludorum in their age groups.
Jack Steven, Year 10, won the 100m and broke a 41-year-old county record in the process.
Other achievements include:
- Lucy Jones – Long Jump 1st, 100m 1st, 200m 1st
- Poppy Bostock – Long Jump 1st, Triple Jump 2nd, 200m 2nd
- Cameron Williams – 10om 2nd
- Danny Lennon – High Jump 1st, Shot put 2nd
- Marco Williams – Triple Jump 2nd, Long Jump 3rd
- Sienna Edwards – Discus 2nd
- Millie Bennion – 300m 2nd
- Tom Savage – High Jump 1st, Long Jump 2nd
- Ellis Brocklesby – 800m 2nd
Lucy Jones also recently won the North Wales Championship 300m gold medal in a personal best time of 43.46 seconds, and also achieved a silver in the long jump with a 4m 66cm.
The championships were held in Bangor (Menai T&F).
Lucy will now progress to compete in the Welsh Championships in Cardiff in June in the 200m, 300m, Long Jump, Triple Jump
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com