Click Now!

Posted: Sun 6th Jun 2021

Warning after fire crews attend Gresford property fire as ‘cooking left unattended’

Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the wrexham area
This article is old - Published: Sunday, Jun 6th, 2021

The North Wales Fire & Rescue Service have issued a warning this morning after a call out in the early hours of today.

They were called at 12.50am this morning to a property in Gresford.

Two appliances from Wrexham attended the fire and a man was assisted from the property by fire service personnel.

The cause of the fire was cooking left unattended.

Group Manager Jami Jennings said: “This incident highlights the consequences of leaving cooking unattended and the value of having a working smoke alarm in your property.”

“If you’d like a free safe and well check for your property, please call us on 0800 169 1234 between 9-5 Monday-Friday or fill in our online form: http://ow.ly/I6zB50F3SM8



Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com

More...

First Minister visits Netflix’s Sex Education studio to meet Welsh Government backed apprentices

News

Armed police called to Hightown after reports of “male carrying what was believed to be a firearm”

News

Chester Zoo back launch of new app aimed at helping shoppers spot ‘wildlife-friendly’ products

News

Students from Coleg Cambria in Wrexham secure places at Oxbridge

News

CCTV footage released of man “wanted in connection with high value honey theft” in Wrexham

News

Appeal following motorbike theft from Rhostyllen Travelodge

News