“Oversight” blamed for no one knowing about Gresford junction slip roads three week closure
An oversight has been blamed for the lack of communication over a closure of access to a key arterial route for the next three weeks.
We reported on the works programme that started on the 11th, with details published online about what the public could expect.
Last night the Gresford roundabout sliproad on the A483 northbound was closed off, and was closed today much to the surprise of road users.
The diversion route on the old Wrexham Road northbound also has a sign that states no access to the A483 is possible via that route – but no alternative given.
This morning we asked Welsh Government if there was an updated works programme, what the reason was for the closure and where it was communicated.
Welsh Government told us, “The northbound on / off slip at J6 will be closed for the next three weeks (as per the programme). However following an oversight from Traffic Wales this was not included within the information provided on the website. This has now been rectified and has now been updated.”
An updated schedule has now been published on the Traffic Wales website that includes the major slip road closure:
A483 Northbound works between junction 6 Gresford and junction 7 Rossett
- Overnight full carriageway closure including. J6 northbound onslip on October 11th-12th for 1 night.
- Contraflow (all traffic on southbound carriageway) from October 17th onwards.
- Northbound on and off slips at J6 will be closed for the next three weeks.
A483 Southbound works between junction Junction 7 Rossett and junction 6 Gresford
- Overnight full carriageway closure including J7 southbound onslip on October 12th-13th for 1 night.
A483 in both directions
- Overnight full carriageway closure on October 16th-17th for 1 night
- 24h lane closures in both directions on October 12th-17th
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com
(Click for large)