Posted: Wed 8th Apr 2015

Updated: Wed 8th Apr

Fire Crews Tackle Bus Fire In Coedpoeth

Wrexham.com for people living in or visiting the wrexham area
This article is old - Published: Wednesday, Apr 8th, 2015

A minibus has been left destroyed after it caught fire in Wrexham earlier this morning.

Emergency services were called to a minibus fire on Heol Glyndwr, Coedpoeth at 8:25am this morning.

One crew from Wrexham attended and on arrival the fire had spread onto another vehicle. Crew used two hose reel water jets and two sets of breathing apparatuses to tackle the fire.

The main vehicle sustained 100% fire damage, and the second vehicle with 20% fire damage.

Many residents on the estate have reported hearing ‘loud bangs’ on the estate before hearing sirens from fire engines. Black smoke was also seen billowing from the vehicle, which was well alight.

Shortly after 9am Laura Carruthers tweeted to say: “Any idea what is happening on Heol Glyndwr, Coedpoeth? Three loud bangs and fire crew, buses not entering the estate.”

Nick tweeted Wrexham.com the above photo, adding: “Minibus fire in Heol Glyndwr, all under control now…the bangs heard were exploding tyres!

The cause is thought to have been accidental due to an electrical fault.

The situation was under control by 8.51am.”



Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Wrexham.com

More...

Wrexham lose 1-0 in FA Trophy final at Wembley

News

‘Gold standard’ rapid diagnostic cancer clinic set to be unveiled this summer

News

Mini golf and new play equipment for Llangollen’s Riverside Park as part of “Brilliant Basics” fund

News

“We must support our precious wildlife,” public urged to let grass and wildflowers grow to boost biodiversity

News

Ysgol Rhiwabon students celebrate sporting success

News

Wrexham cyclists take to the saddle for Hope House Cycle Challenge

News