Wrexham Refuse Collections

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Refuse Collections

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

This morning I saw the Recycling Collectors about their work, they obviously found an inappropriate item in the recycling box and promptly popped in the black wheelie bin nearby. They probably do it daily although they don’t have to. How refreshing to see someone working , using their common sense and taking a pride in their work.

Robotnik
    Participant

Yes, until you get home from work, move your wheelie bin back and find it nearly half full of “unsuitable” recyclable bottles, which doesn’t then get emptied for another fortnight. It happened to me a couple of months back.

Cheers for that if you’re reading.

wrexview
    Participant

Ah ! The view from the other side of the coin!

NJones
    Participant

And you get all your neighbours ‘unsuitables’ as well!

Darlofan
    Participant

I hardly think they are going to find enough “not for recycling” bottles to half fill a wheelie bin are they?
    If there were that many they’d leave them in the original box and leave a leaflet explaining why they haven’t taken them. After all it would be more effort for the binmen to put them in somebody elses bin than leave them in original box.

JanW
    Participant

It could become a new past time for those with time on their hands. Pass the unsuitable container! Would rather play pass the parcel but have to move with the times :)

justjojo2011
    Participant

@wrexview 1472 wrote:

This morning I saw the Recycling Collectors about their work, they obviously found an inappropriate item in the recycling box and promptly popped in the black wheelie bin nearby. They probably do it daily although they don’t have to. How refreshing to see someone working , using their common sense and taking a pride in their work.

Yes very proud of their work if putting a recyclable item back into the black bin. And we are separating our waste why?

justjojo2011
    Participant

@Darlofan 1485 wrote:

I hardly think they are going to find enough “not for recycling” bottles to half fill a wheelie bin are they?
    If there were that many they’d leave them in the original box and leave a leaflet explaining why they haven’t taken them. After all it would be more effort for the binmen to put them in somebody elses bin than leave them in original box.

More often than not, they just get thrown on the floor. They leave nothing in the original box… when my son was a baby, I used to put the empty formula containers in the recycle box.. on week they’d take them, the next week I’d find them in the blue paper bag. I’m not sure the people who are employed by the council to do this job actually understand the point of the job they are doing.

Regardless of jokes and fun, the bin men clearly need further training in what they are doing and what they are SUPPOSED to be doing.

Robotnik
    Participant

@Darlofan 1485 wrote:

Er, no. Apparently not. I was half expecting a certain badly disguised bearded bloke to pop out. He didn’t, and I was lumbered with a half full, or half empty bin depending on your disposition, for another fortnight… I was less than pleased I can tell you…

I’ve had them take everything sometimes and leave random things other times. Guess it depends on their mood?

j0nh
    Participant

wrexview, you need to visit gwersyllt on recycling day and see the mess they leave behind its a disgrace, and i have phoned the the council and the mp many times, and still they leave a mess.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News