Wrexham prison name

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham prison name

• Author

feedshallow
    Participant

HMP Carchar anyone! I always did like a bit of tautology.

weasel
    Participant

YIKES……They reckon its important enough to give it a name ????

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

I don’t understand why it became undesirable to name the prison after the place it is based. It seemed to become a fad to give prisons obscure names so not as to offend the people living in the town or city in which it was based. Like anyone would be so dumb as to be offended by it.
    It’s the same issue with giving the health boards in Wales stupid names, a recent study showed one of the reasons medical staff weren’t applying for jobs in Welsh health boards is they had no idea where they were.
    No doubt the prison, if the Welsh Gov has anything to do with it, will be given some daft and inappropriate name. They named our health board after a syphlitic whore who died in her own brothel in Liverpool. Not only nothing to do with health, barely anything to do with Wales (she was born in Bala) but unlike BCUHB she was a successful business woman who could manage a screw in a brothel.

wrexview
    Participant

HMP North East Wales

HMP N.E.W.

myfanwy
    Participant

Sounds good to me!

Rex Ham
    Participant

Why are so many people in Wrexham negative about a multi million pound investment in our town? It will bring jobs, support for local businesses and bring people into the town, some by rail and bus, thus strengthening their use. With regards to the name, I agree, call it HMP Wrexham – simples!

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=99016]Why are so many people in Wrexham negative about a multi million pound investment in our town? It will bring jobs, support for local businesses and bring people into the town, some by rail and bus, thus strengthening their use. With regards to the name, I agree, call it HMP Wrexham – simples!

[/quote]
    Well said.

Lemonpopsical
    Participant

[quote quote=98914]I don’t understand why it became undesirable to name the prison after the place it is based. It seemed to become a fad to give prisons obscure names so not as to offend the people living in the town or city in which it was based. Like anyone would be so dumb as to be offended by it.
    It’s the same issue with giving the health boards in Wales stupid names, a recent study showed one of the reasons medical staff weren’t applying for jobs in Welsh health boards is they had no idea where they were.
    No doubt the prison, if the Welsh Gov has anything to do with it, will be given some daft and inappropriate name. They named our health board after a syphlitic whore who died in her own brothel in Liverpool. Not only nothing to do with health, barely anything to do with Wales (she was born in Bala) but unlike BCUHB she was a successful business woman who could manage a screw in a brothel.

[/quote]

Want to borrow my tinfoil hat?

zinger
    Participant

It doesn’t matter what the name of the prison is, it will be called Wrexham Prison.

tanyddraig
    Participant

I’d call it HMP Firestone. In recognition of what was there before, and it sounds awesome!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News