Wrexham Football Club appoint Fleur Robinson as new CEO

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Football Club appoint Fleur Robinson as new CEO

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

Wishing Fleur good luck in her new job and hope that with Ryan, Rob and numerous others, push Wrexham forward.

I have great respect for women in football but they shouldn’t be allowed to commentate as a lot of them are really annoying. Presenters like Gabby Logan are great though.

BenjaminM
    Participant

A rather sexist comment Wrex-iT. I can think of many male commentators that have difficulty forming a sentence properly.
    It always strikes me as strange when male ex player commentators criticise players for their actions during a game when they (in their day) were mediocre at best.
    It’s not the owners or management that will take Wrexham forward – that’s down to the players on the pitch and with what they’ve got at the moment, the jury is still out.

WreX-iT
    Participant

I don’t think that is Sexist Benjamin. Some of the ones on BT Sport are screechy and annoying but some of the men’s accents are awful too and you are right, they talk like they were ace back in the day!

If we can invest in the future and bring in young talent, the club can go far.

Talking about sexist, remember topless darts on TV in the 90s?

thetown
    Participant

You say it is not the owners or management that will take us forward but the players,but if the players the manager brings in are not good enough or better still the tactics the manager uses are not bringing the best out of players then whos fault is that.Just hope in the near future our club gets back its pride and we move away from Darlington and Keates kick and rush game.

wrexview
    Participant

The catering will be going up a few notches if Burton’s menu for their Ascot Race Days are anything to go by!

Councillor X
    Participant

Was Nolli Waterman the annoying woman who did the itv commentary for the Italy v Wales game? Awful voice and comparing Louis Rees-Zammit move to being like netball.

Even my dear Mrs said it’s putting women on tv just to tick a box

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News