Wrexham Council Invests in Electric Cars

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham Council Invests in Electric Cars

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

I wonder what the financial terms are for the Nissan Leaf electric cars Wrexham Council have acquired. To purchase outright would have been in the region of £60,000 for the two. The Plug in Government Car Grant would only cover about £5000 per car at the most. Would paying employees a mileage allowance for using their own cars be a cheaper option ?

macdownes
    Participant

I am in total agreement with WREXVIEW. Dont get me wrong im not a v8 rangerover driver by anymeans.My problem is the cost involved with owning these cars.How can they justify the original costs involved,of course the carbon footprint is reasonably low for getting around but the cost of manufacturing these vehicles and especially the batteries doesn’t make sense.The one thing we can guarantee is that the council vehicles will not travel more than 50miles per day as that is all they will do in realistic conditions.Not allot if they are supposed to be visiting different projects throughout the day!Another white elephant which will be added to our council tax next year!

wrexview
    Participant

Well if they gave a mileage allowance of .40 pence per mile , the initial £50,000 would cover 125,000 miles .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News