Wrexham.com Q&A – Put Your Questions to Town Centre Inspector

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham.com Q&A – Put Your Questions to Town Centre Inspector

• Author

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=127930]Question in from James –

I’d like to ask, simply- why is this town getting worse? Hear nothing but bad news, daily.

Helicopter is out almost every night, cars getting torched regularly, crack heads just roaming the streets like they’re running the show.

Wrexham’s turning into a massive shithole.

[/quote]

IW: We have answered similar questions earlier, and are working with the Council to improve the area.

D R
    Keymaster

One from Magi about drug use in town –

Where are all the officers when they are drug dealing in front of the contact centre on a daily basis.

Just before christmas I brought my kids to town on a sunday afternoon to see the xmas tree and there was around 15 of them clearly just taken something all spaced out on queens square……no officers to be seen…its disgusting….grrrrrrr

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=127935]One from Magi about drug use in town –

Where are all the officers when they are drug dealing in front of the contact centre on a daily basis.

Just before christmas I brought my kids to town on a sunday afternoon to see the xmas tree and there was around 15 of them clearly just taken something all spaced out on queens square……no officers to be seen…its disgusting….grrrrrrr

[/quote]

IW: Someone else has told me about this just yesterday. I am sorry you saw that. This is on our patrol plan, and whilst we cannot be everywhere at once, I promise you there is more focus on this area that before.

D R
    Keymaster

One in from Donna as well!

Why is the town on such a state??? I don’t even shop here unless I have too.
    There is druggies, drunken people and tramps everywhere. And the issue in the bus station. Cars getting torched,every day. When is it going to stop and how are you going to solve this problem. But it not really as there is a brand new prison that has been built to let them all out and reoffend!!!! Sorry but had enough of seeing this on a daily basis. What are our children going to think as they grow up

D R
    Keymaster

Couple of questions to end on…!

When is he resigning? If police are there to make people feel safe why do Wrexham people not feel safe? Failed

Can l have your job? Or maybe have a public raffle & let ‘joe public’ become town inspector for a while & let town inspector do a real job in exchange!!!

bjin
    Participant

I’m disappointed with Cllr Hugh Jones’ continual attempts to deflect the issue with claims that the pictures are out of date. You only have to go anywhere near the College, the bus station or Lord Street any day of the week to see that the pictures shown in the national media are pretty much exactly what is happening today.

keirik
    Participant

[quote quote=127933]

question to Hugh and the Police Representative.

Since the changes around the Post House Rounadabout I see vehicles on the 483 ignoring red lights on an almost daily basis at the junction of the 483 and 5445 (Wrexham Road) and going straight through, in fact my wife was nearly hit by an HGV going through after a red light had been set for several seconds. In addition there are a huge number still using mobiles, could the police put a vehicle on the lights occasionally to catch some of the persistent offendors and also make people more aware?

IW: That is actually Cheshire Police location, and if you dial 101 and ask for Cheshire Police they will help you.

[/quote]

excellent sloping shoulders there, I’ll hope if there’s a major accident there you don’t pass the buck in the same way

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=127937]One in from Donna as well!

Why is the town on such a state??? I don’t even shop here unless I have too.
    There is druggies, drunken people and tramps everywhere. And the issue in the bus station. Cars getting torched,every day. When is it going to stop and how are you going to solve this problem. But it not really as there is a brand new prison that has been built to let them all out and reoffend!!!! Sorry but had enough of seeing this on a daily basis. What are our children going to think as they grow up

[/quote]

(We pointed out we have had several points made along these lines so used this one as a sample as it communicates quite a fair bit of what people have said…)

IW: I have answered this earlier and I understand people like yourself being angry. I hope you are now convinced there are some plans in place to try and sort this out. We need the support of the public, however I am more than happy to commit police officer to do our bit, we really need to see all involved agencies to work together to sort this problem.

R T
    Keymaster

[quote quote=127938]Couple of questions to end on…!

When is he resigning? If police are there to make people feel safe why do Wrexham people not feel safe? Failed

Can l have your job? Or maybe have a public raffle & let ‘joe public’ become town inspector for a while & let town inspector do a real job in exchange!!!

[/quote]

IW: I am not resigning. In most service we conduct the public of the area do feel safe and while I do accept we do have challenges now, we have worked through challenges in the past. Sometimes I do feel like throwing the towel in working 70+ hours a week trying to make a difference in the area.

I would point out that I take part in this Q&A session voluntarily and have never ducked a serious question.

It is easy to criticise, and if anyone thinks they can make a genuine difference and are serious about it then demonstrate your commitment by coming and joining us as a Special Constable as we are recruiting.

Transportuser
    Participant

[quote quote=127918]

From a comment on facebook it would appear that the security cameras at the bus station are faulty, the lack of response without calls from the public seems to confirm this.
    If it is the case how long has this been the case and when are repairs likely to be completed?

The previous answer was referred to by both IW / HJ.

[/quote]
    Not actually answered.
    It wasn’t a general question about the system.
    Are they working in the bus station.
    Just my observations that if they are working, in the bus station, why is there no response when there are people directly under the cameras causing problems to the public?

As for the upgrades, was that along with the non existent street WiFi, supposedly to be active last Sept – 12 months late?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News