Wrexham City of Culture tour bus

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wrexham City of Culture tour bus

• Author

katy
    Blocked

Is there any reason why a ‘London Transport’ bus is being used to promote the City of Culture bid? Surely an old Crosville bus would be more fitting for celebrating the culture of Wrexham rather than importing the culture of a city several hundred miles away. It’s not like it’s promoting to dumb Americans or anything.

What has a London bus got to do with the culture of Wrexham?

jimbow
    Participant

I think what would be more fitting would be the reintroduction of the bus route that served Borras, Garden Village and Rhosddu that was discontinued a few years ago.

As for the red bus, I was expecting Cliff Richard in a revival of Summer Holiday.

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Perhaps the bus is being branded for the City of Culture bid and that wouldn’t be possible on an historic Crosville bus? Anyone rocking up with a bunch of vinyls to stick on the paintwork of a classic bus would get short shrift from the owners!!

AMA Express
    Participant

Probably using the same logic that a London Transport bus is used for the run from Llangollen to the top of the Horseshoe Pass. It works.

billycoen
    Participant

Maybe they couldn’t find a bandwagon..

Clebryn
    Participant

What about Boris’s NHS lie bus???? I am sure he would lend it to his chums at WCBC. They could use the space for any little fib they felt like. Go on Cllr Pritchard, you know you want to…..

dewi73
    Participant

Am I the only person who would welcome City status?

jimbow
    Participant

No, there are ten others on the Executive Board.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Maybe the bus could double as a comedy venue now that the William Aston Hall is in receivership and none us will be getting reimbursed for the gigs that have been cancelled?

City status? Perlease!

parkingmad
    Participant

I’m on of the lucky ones, I’ve had my refund.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News