Wreham Arts hub video

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Wreham Arts hub video

• Author

Alunh
    Participant

Get your point Liz; sorry, the comment wasn’t about the Hub, just the seemingly endless ability on here just to dump on the contributor with comments very thinly designed as humour. In fairness, many of the remarks above are quite fair but many of us have stopped posting and responding because of the pounce-upon brigade

Sheefag
    Participant

Poor you Alun, that’s just beyond awful.

Alunh
    Participant

Happy to be any label you want to place on me Sheefag.

Not happy to see the debate on here generally become a bit threadbare and entries more intermittent. Wrexham.Com is a great vehicle for getting opinions out there and it would be a shame if the good folk of Wrexham avoided it due to the perpetual approach of a few posters.

Just my opinion

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=126743]Alunh – not really sure what Facebook thread you have been reading but mots of them are very negative or scyptical at the very least with similar views to this thread

[/quote]

Yes, I don’t think many people who comment on the Wrexham.com Facebook posts are in any danger of providing constructive debate or have any fear of publicly airing anything that might ‘ruin’ their reputation.

Actually made me chuckle that the thing people picked up on most and shows their penchant for hair-trigger vitriol and discrimination is that the fact that a caravan was featured in the designs, meant that they feared that travellers were going to somehow rapidly descend upon the new hub.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=126875]Happy to be any label you want to place on me Sheefag.

Not happy to see the debate on here generally become a bit threadbare and entries more intermittent. Wrexham.Com is a great vehicle for getting opinions out there and it would be a shame if the good folk of Wrexham avoided it due to the perpetual approach of a few posters.

Just my opinion

[/quote]

I think that because it’s much easier to comment on a story on Twitter or Facebook, that’s where the vast majority of people air their views. It’s more of an effort to register and login to a forum so the average Wrexham.com reader/commenter forgets that this is here.

I grew up using forums for years before we got swept away by the social media 24/7 endless news/non-news cycle responding to everything that is happening in the now and then completely forgetting about it 5 seconds later.

It would be good for more people to come on here and contribute as forum threads have a longer lifespan, but I think there’s room for jokers and serious debaters alike. If this place was just full of dullards taking themselves too seriously, I’d have given up reading a long time ago.

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=126878]
    It’s more of an effort to register and login to a forum so the average Wrexham.com reader/commenter forgets that this is here.

[/quote]

I’m sure I remember registering and logging-on to use Facey and Twatter.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=126879]

It’s more of an effort to register and login to a forum so the average Wrexham.com reader/commenter forgets that this is here.

I’m sure I remember registering and logging-on to use Facey and Twatter.

[/quote]

And here you are, you are one of the effort makers – Bravo. I can’t remember how many years ago I registered to either said Facey and Twatter, or when I last had to physically login to either of them, as they are all over all of my devices like a bad rash. They are probably developing some interface to interfere with everyone’s dreams as we speak, so that people don’t even need to bother to wake up to get involved.

AMA Express
    Participant

How long did it take you to master the Bolloxian language ? ;)

Sheefag
    Participant

I really don’t know what you want Alun, the discussion has been done to death.
    Wrexham’s councillors fear nought because they have proven themselves time and again, to be unaccountable.

It’s seemingly impossible to find anyone at all who supports this ‘Arts Hub’ vanity project.
    People have been very vociferous in their opposition and yet we all know it will go ahead and to add insult to injury, these same, vociferous people will re-elect the exactly the same Guildhall clowns, who hold the public in such contempt.

So remind me, what purpose does online political debate in the Welsh capital of arson serve?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News