Working hard for Gresford!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Working hard for Gresford!

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Just one comment if I may on the item concerning the Town Centre Forum article on your News section.
    There is ,of course already an elected Councillor, ” working hard for Gresford ” ably support by his colleagues ,nominated or co-opted , on the Community Council but this does not include the name mentioned in your report. In my long experience (29 years community council- 20 years county) the community of Gresford works hard for itself ,as exemplified by the recent Marjorie Dykins Volunteer of the Year- Val Shields and the Queens Award for Voluntary Service – Gresford Trust but there are myriad other examples. Part of the community leader role of being a Councillor is to support ,inform or help these networks not to cut across their work.
    The issue of whether the person ” works hard for Gresford after May 8th is a part of these. Networks or a ” self confessed outsider” is of course for the electorate to decide.
    I would urge all who can to both register to vote and then exercise that vote in the interests of the community!

Sheefag
    Participant

Seriously, if you don’t have the balls to name him, just shut up.
    This.’The Person‘ crap is just tiresome, insults everyone’s intelligence and makes you look cowardly..

NJones
    Participant

I think what Councillor Andrew Bailey is trying to say above is that someone has been working hard for Gresford and the wider community for many years and tirelessly works to support the area. The person may not necessarily be an elected Councillor, but lives in Gresford and is aware of the local needs. Thanks go to Andrew Atkinson.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=128423]I think what Councillor Andrew Bailey is trying to say above is that someone has been working hard for Gresford and the wider community for many years and tirelessly works to support the area. The person may not necessarily be an elected Councillor, but lives in Gresford and is aware of the local needs. Thanks go to Andrew Atkinson.

[/quote]depends what you mean by active! The moth that flutters around my reading light is certainly active – is it having any effect?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News