Who will be running Wrexham Council next Monday?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Who will be running Wrexham Council next Monday?

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

JaneJ. I have already emailed my local councillor to ask if they were involved in the talks and if not, was his opinion sought.

zinger
    Participant

It sounds as though the Labour group did not want to join in an equal coalition with independents but rather to control them.

jimbow
    Participant

Zinger.- How do you come to the conclusion that Labour wanted to join an equal coalition? Surely the Independents will have overall control of the Executive Board, who are the governing body

zinger
    Participant

Not equal in numbers maybe but by laying down provisos seems a little bossy.

Clebryn
    Participant

So the same failed administration controls Wrexham Council for the next Five Years. David Bithell had no choice but to join up with Mark Pritchards’ Indies or lose his extra lolly for being deputy Leader, as his group had shrunk in numbers.
    This new far right Independent Group could realistically only join forces with another right wing group, the Conservatives. So the deal has been done.
    I really hope I am wrong, but I have no confidence that things will improve at all. I foresee, large council tax rises, massive reductions in the already failing services, closed door politics with no transparency and a massive list of reasons why their policies fail again and again, but its not their fault.
    Still you get what you vote for……….

jimbow
    Participant

So there we have it, a Conservative led Council under an Independent banner.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News