What is this World, [no, country] coming too!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum What is this World, [no, country] coming too!

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Once again my faith in human nature is blasted out of this world, by the sickening and senseless shooting of a horse. This dumb defenseless animal should be tracked down and given up to the RSPCA to be put down immediately. Pure scum and should not be on our streets.

bubble
    Participant

I couldn’t read it, just the headline. I didn’t want to see the photo. If they ever catch who did this I have no confidence whatsoever that they’ll be given anything more than a slap on the wrist. Maybe a suspended sentence and a ban on keeping animals for a few years.

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

The scary thing is that there is a moron still out there in possession of a gun. A horse has been killed what will be there next target? Lets hope the Police catch them asap

ChillDoubt
    Participant

I can only concur with the sentiments already expressed.
    What’s frightening is that there is an idiot loose who has the means and wherewithal to destroy an animal with a single shot. The entry wound suggests the perpetrator knew exactly where to hit in order to inflict maximum damage and thus needs to be caught as a matter of urgency.
    When they hopefully are, sadly they won’t be handed over to Rentokil, who are adept at disposing of vermin.

AdventureDeKannan
    Participant

I was told this morning that it was not a crime as it was people shooting legally on private land and a stray bullet that hit the horse. Seems a bit strange to me if I’m honest that a stray bullet could go in at the exact spot that could kill a horse! Regardless, whether it was a stray bullet or someone ‘mistook’ the horse for the animals that they were actually shooting then the person is dangerous and needs their license removed immediately.

WrexhamUser
    Participant

I am no expert but killing the horse seems to be at least an offence of criminal damage. In addition to any firearms offences, you can still cause criminal damage if you are reckless,

Criminal Damage Act 1971:-

Definition of property:

In this Act “property” means property of a tangible nature, whether real or personal, including money and—

(a)including wild creatures which have been tamed or are ordinarily kept in captivity, and any other wild creatures or their carcasses if, but only if, they have been reduced into possession which has not been lost or abandoned or are in the course of being reduced into possession; but

(b)not including mushrooms growing wild on any land or flowers, fruit or foliage of a plant growing wild on any land.

For the purposes of this subsection “mushroom” includes any fungus and “plant” includes any shrub or tree.

Section 1: Destroying or damaging property.

(1)A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property belonging to another intending to destroy or damage any such property or being reckless as to whether any such property would be destroyed or damaged shall be guilty of an offence.

(2)A person who without lawful excuse destroys or damages any property, whether belonging to himself or another—

(a)intending to destroy or damage any property or being reckless as to whether any property would be destroyed or damaged; and

(b)intending by the destruction or damage to endanger the life of another or being reckless as to whether the life of another would be thereby endangered;

shall be guilty of an offence.

(3)An offence committed under this section by destroying or damaging property by fire shall be charged as arson.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News