Ty Pawb Report

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ty Pawb Report

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

JaneJ Good idea, but there are a lot of sole traders and hopeful startups and tying them down to an occupancy period could be fraught with danger for those that initially rent the building. I notice the Council are putting aside £368,063k for the decant of stallholders from Butchers/General Markets to I believe premises in Regent Street whilst rebuilding takes place. How much of that the Council will recover in rents from those that move remains to be seen

JaneJ
    Participant

What would you do if you moved your business to a temporary location and found you got more customers in the new location — would you want to go back tio a building that has basically had a coat of paint and cleaned up. I know where I would want to stay..

jimbow
    Participant

You make a fair point. However, there are a lot of goings-on in markets and infighting. You can have the situation that a trader wants the monopoly of the goods he sells. It used to be when a trader enters into a stall agreement he has to nominate the goods he wants to trade in and the market’s supervision have the problems of sorting it out. This used to be the case in Wrexham Markets not so long ago. It is finding the person to initially set up the premises, from which to start up in. I can honestly say that if I was to go back into the market, I would have no idea what to trade in that would support my wife and two kids. It is so, so hard.

JaneJ
    Participant

Yor last point about what to sell may be a deciding factor for many stall holders who may decide to give up and not even reopen – as we are now a City there is no need to maintain the fase image of being a Market town..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News