Town centre Improvements

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Town centre Improvements

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Surely they cannot be serious about continuing with more of those disgusting paving slabs down. The ones already down look terrible. There’s nothing wrong with the red bricks. Even visitors to the town have mentioned how awful the new white slabs are already filthy.

dagg
    Participant

Like Ian Lucas the council knows best.

DerekJackson
    Participant

The first lot of ‘improvements’ have now been down for a few months – I wonder if any of the retailers in that part of town can report they have had an increase in turnover- if not then why invest in more grey slabs?

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think the new slabs look much better than the old red bricks, much more modern. In fact, the town centre almost looked nice with all the lights up at Christmas time last year. It looks lighter and cleaner overall. Of course they are going to dull and get a bit dirty during this weather, but in the summertime this will look superb, I reckon.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=166317]We’ll have to agree to disagree. I think the new slabs look much better than the old red bricks, much more modern. In fact, the town centre almost looked nice with all the lights up at Christmas time last year. It looks lighter and cleaner overall. Of course they are going to dull and get a bit dirty during this weather, but in the summertime this will look superb, I reckon.[/quote]

I also agree, you may knock the cost of it in these times I guess, but they do look better than the red paviers which now look dated, and reminds me of the big area in Rhyl that is brick paved and looks c***

DerekJackson
    Participant

Back to my point have businesses in the area seen an increase in footfall and spend – if not what is the rate of return on the investment in new slabs- it looks nice for those people that used to walk on the red bricks but if there has not been a benefit to the retailers then why bother?
    If no gain, then the money could have gene into many other service areas that are being cut.

Rondetto
    Participant

Excellent point, why waste money when there are other things need doing to entice people to shop in Wrexham.

WreX-iT
    Participant

They could have saved a lot of money and paved it with broken promises!

Rondetto
    Participant

If anything at all needs improving in Wrexham is the need for a multi storey car park in the hospital.

Anonymous
    Inactive

And a decent live music venue (or one at all other that a little stage in a pub somewhere).
    I can’t help but think if someone were to build a large arena here in Wrexham it would solve a load of problems. I mean, the nearest arena is, what, 40/50 miles away? One here would serve the whole of N.Wales and surrounding area, would increase footfall, increase food outlets, increase need for more hotel rooms, ensure the town was better served with public transport (they would have to) and create loads of local jobs.
    And no-one can say it wouldn’t work, the few gigs they have put on at the Rcecourse have worked, and the uni can draw in a crowd for ComicCon twice a year despite there being plenty of that sort of thing in Liverpool and Manchester.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News