Town centre Improvements

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Town centre Improvements

• Author

Rondetto
    Participant

Already £53.000 over budget they are now saying Phase 2 of the improvements will begin shortly. No improvements are needed. Already they have ripped up perfectly good roads and replaced them with slabs that look horrendous even after just a few months. Why spend tax payers money on something that is not needed. The road surface from Regent street down to Lambpit street is fine as it is and certainly doesn’t warrant ripping up and replaced by those horrid looking slabs.

MadMan
    Participant

I totally agree with you, the previous road surface was a positive aspect of the town now it looks dreadful. If you can’t afford to improve, why spend money to make it worse. I remember sending pictures to Wrexham council once because their taste is hurrendous!

janeywxm
    Participant

The older slabs were much nicer. The new ones look so cheap and are similar to ones I have under my shed to form a base!

I don’t understand how anyone could have thought they would be an improvement! Look at the older one’s in comparison and they win hands down!

Janey

Rondetto
    Participant

Surely, If our councillors have any sense at all they would put an end to any future road works in the town centre.
    I can’t see any point in making matters worse with them horrible paving slabs they’ve put down. Spend the money on something that really needs doing. You only have to walk past the pound bakery to see the mess the pavements are in.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Have you checked under your shed recently Janey? Are they still there?

What happened to the old bricks/ slabs they took up? They must have some value. Who has them? Did the Council get paid for them?

Janey this may be worth following up you might get a new shed base and patio out of it.

Rodetto they might be putting the old bricks down in Asda carpark

Rondetto
    Participant

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IRCXn7p.gif[/img]

janeywxm
    Participant

Now that you mention it, I’ve seen some dodgy characters hanging around lately. But mine are still here lol.

Maybe the council used them for something else or just let the contractors dispose of them.

I know they used the remains of Hightown flat’s demolition for some use on new roads at the time.

Either way, the red brick they had down before was so much nicer.

Janey

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

The new ones are fine – bit more modern. They just need cleaning more regularly due to the lighter colour.

DerekJackson
    Participant

The Council just need to emply someone to reset the bricks that wobble and the job is down once cleaned- all for a fraction of the cost to replace.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News