The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

@BenjaminM 11082 wrote:

The ‘wild claims’ that I am accused of making are indeed factual and are based on information contained in the 2011 census and statements made by the British Council.
    You asked me to elaborate on my initial post, I have done so. You can either accept it for what it is, or not. I am not particularly bothered either way.
    Suffice it to say, you asked…… I replied. As far as I concerned, request fulfilled.

Your claims are nonsense and rudeness cannot hide the fact that they are narrow minded at best.

gogledd
    Participant

BenjaminM and Iceman…. get a room!

Benj has stated his opinion and you don’t agree with him (neither do I, actually) but you guys should start another thread – this one is about the Best and Worst of Wrexham in 2013 but now its descended into a willy wagging contest.

Alunh
    Participant

a willy wagging contest.

great phrase; sounds like a tug of war but more enjoyable

Iceman
    Participant

@gogledd 11090 wrote:

BenjaminM and Iceman…. get a room!

Benj has stated his opinion and you don’t agree with him (neither do I, actually) but you guys should start another thread – this one is about the Best and Worst of Wrexham in 2013 but now its descended into a willy wagging contest.

I can’t let the comments he made go unchallenged, whatever forum it is on. This is a discussion forum, so if people want to put their opinions on, others are entitled to comment on thosd opinions.

MP1953
    Participant

Have not been a member of this message board for long, but already I can see topics very quickly turn into slanging matches if someone has a different opinion from someone else’s view.

Happy New Year To Everyone … :)

dewi73
    Participant

Best – Potentially a new swimming pool and leisure facilities for Wrexham

Worst – The announcement of the largest prison in the UK to be built in Wrexham

Chris
    Participant

Quick question Dewi. If the council cant afford to keep current leisure centres open (based on potentially flawed information which cost us 52K ) how do do you think they will afford the 12 million to build a new centre?
    Of course that figure is ever rising and the there will be an additional cost of the decommissioning and demolition of the current facilities.

dewi73
    Participant

@Chris 11102 wrote:

Quick question Dewi. If the council cant afford to keep current leisure centres open (based on potentially flawed information which cost us 52K ) how do do you think they will afford the 12 million to build a new centre?
    Of course that figure is ever rising and the there will be an additional cost of the decommissioning and demolition of the current facilities.

The leisure centres are both running under capacity so it makes sense to close one of them.
    The Wrexham baths with its hyperbolic paraboloid roof has always been expensive to maintain.

zinger
    Participant

I think that I am with Chris on this one unless someone can can explain it to me better.

We all know of iconic buildings that have been destroyed & replaced by substandard ugly building in place which nobody is happy with.

wrexview
    Participant

Not heard any mention of the hyperbolic paraboloid roof causing problems, only some leaking from the pool. The roof design gives a fantastic open space that would be suitable for all kinds of uses. Have the Council considered an alternative use for the building? I am surprised it has not been listed as there are very few in existence .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News