The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The Best and Worst of Wrexham In 2013?

• Author

Rob
    Participant

I thought this might be an interesting ‘review’ style thread!

If you had to pick one single good , and one single bad thing connected to Wrexham this year what would it be?

Can be serious or light hearted – and I dont know mine yet…

What would yours be? :D

Darlofan
    Participant

Roadworks on 483 by Ruthin junction. Looking forward to the next lot.

Best had to be the snow in March/April, not much traffic about and a great community spirit clearing our street.

Alunh
    Participant

On a personal level but relevant to the town, the 2 best things of 2013 were Record Store Day (which reminded me of being back in Phase One Records in the 1980’s) and the relocation to the bustling bank Street. We located there in May and by September the whole street was occupied. Brilliant!

On a negative, the various reports confirm my worst fears about Secondary schools in Wrexham. My sister in law has just come back from voluntary teaching in Malawi and it’s criminal that places like malawi cherish their meagre educational opportunities whilst we squander our largesse with farcical educational offer

Iceman
    Participant

Worst was the Council squandering all our money, best was me winning the argument about the dogs on leads.

Metalhead
    Participant

Best: Saw a group called Singing Hands at this years AVOW concert at the William Aston Hall, they teach deaf people to sing using sign language. Never seen anything quite like them, they were fantastic. Wrexham should be proud of them.

Worst: KFC Roofgate, I feel we had every right to feel ashamed of our town in this instance.

zinger
    Participant

Best: Wrexham winning through to Wembley.

Worst: As Metalhead says KFC Roofgate.

Ferret
    Participant

Best – Wembley, March
    Worst – Wembley, May

gogledd
    Participant

Best – North Wales Crusaders – winning the Northern Rail Bowl and Championship 1 with 100% home record and crowned Championship 1 Team of the Year, Clive Griffiths was Coach of the Year and Jono Smith was Player of the Year

Worst – Wrexham v Chester – disgraceful behaviour by some morons in both sets of fans.

Rob
    Participant

@Ferret 11017 wrote:

Best – Wembley, March
    Worst – Wembley, May

The latter has been erased from my memory. Utterly gutting.

Whitevanman
    Participant

The best, march at wembley winning fa trophy

The worst, august at racecourse losing to Chester :-(
    #gutted

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News