Supermarket Watch

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Supermarket Watch

• Author

Darlofan
    Participant

@wrexview 495 wrote:

Aldi should be applauded for both selling British meat but also for their clear labelling . It states grown in UK, slaughtered in UK and packed in UK, clear and accurate information . Why don’t other supermarkets do this ?

Because their meat is not.

wrexview
    Participant

The meat I have bought from there has always has the “tractor” symbol on it. Do you mean they only have some British meat? Or have I miss read and you mean other supermarkets do sell all British meat ?

justjojo2011
    Participant

Aldi is too geographically inconvienient for me, but have always had good stuff when I have been there.

Reading earlier posts on Morrisons, I have been to Morrisons, found it rather poor and somewhat over priced in some things. I found the offers don’t really compare, but then, Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys also have a variety of completely different offers on. Morrisons, for me, is fine if you want a bit of a change but not for me to do a weekly shop.

I tend to go between Asda, Tesco and Farmfoods. I don’t buy meat from any supermarket though, I get it from the Meat Man on Queens Square. Farmfoods is much more convinient for me living in Hightown but if I need to travel further out, I will call on my mummy who loves me lots to take me in the car lol

Darlofan
    Participant

@wrexview 1451 wrote:

The meat I have bought from there has always has the “tractor” symbol on it. Do you mean they only have some British meat? Or have I miss read and you mean other supermarkets do sell all British meat ?

been a lot of fuss over supermarkets using imported meat but labelling it as British because it is processed and packaged over here.

wrexview
    Participant

That is why I like the idea of Born, Bred and Dead in the Uk, then there is no room for misrepresentation on the label.

wrexview
    Participant

Christmas items have appeared in Tesco’s , some of the tinned biscuits seem very overpriced at £12, probably in preparation for a half price offer soon!! Good news though giant tubes of Smarties are still a £1 .

Rk11
    Participant

Festive Friends are £1 in Morrisons. Wonderful!

wrexview
    Participant

Olympic mugs filled with Cadburys Heros 49p in Home Bargains ! Still a fiver in Tesco’s .
    Good stocking filler?

Stocky
    Participant

How is the Morrisons shaping up on Ruthin Rd? Not been in for a while now.

wrexview
    Participant

As predicted many of the Christmas tins of biscuits are now on offer in Tesco at half price!! The hot food counter has increased all their prices by 20% , due to the new legislation making them charge vat on food being kept hot. No notice explaining the increase, have people not noticed? Some supermarkets have areas selling cooked chickens which are cooling naturally at VAT free prices. Perhaps we should all have the choice.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans for new studio flat above Wrexham fast food restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News