Supermarket Decision’Will Not Be Reversed’

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Supermarket Decision’Will Not Be Reversed’

• Author

ChillDoubt
    Participant

So Mark Dripford won’t change his mind about supermarkets closing off to non-essential items?
    If a person needs to replace a broken kettle, toaster or microwave in the midst of a 17 day lockdown, he is in effect encouraging them to illegally cross the border in order to get the equipment to make themselves a cup of tea and a piece of toast?
    What happens if they have a requirement to extend the lockdown at short notice?

Meanwhile, councils are asking us not to fly-tip but stockpile our larger items of rubbish for the same period whilst recycling centres remain closed….

You really couldn’t make it up!

parkingmad
    Participant

I can understand where he is coming from with this, protecting the other shop’s eg clothes shops. But I don’t think he has thought it through.

jimbow
    Participant

I can understand the smaller shopkeeper being annoyed he has to close whilst the supermarket can sell the same goods as he does. However, the smaller shopkeeper may receive compensation, whilst the supermarket in all probability may not receive any compensation.

zinger
    Participant

Can you really see customer services personnel refusing a reasonable request for a ‘necessary’ item in an emergency when approached & given an explanation in a reasonable manner? They are human after all.
    Someone who demands something unnecessary in an aggressive manner should quite rightly be refused.

What is wrong with hanging on to rubbish for what is in fact an extra week as we only have fortnightly collections anyway?
    Why choose these 2 weeks to get rid of excess rubbish inless you are just being bloody minded?

AMA Express
    Participant

zinger
    Participant

AMA Express if you believe that, you will believe anything.

AMA Express
    Participant

It’s in the Daily Mail too, so it MUST be true !

It sparked a brief war of words between Tesco and the Welsh Government as the shop blamed the authority – while it claimed they were wrong. Katie had said: ‘Can you explain why I was told today that I can’t buy period pads as I’m sure they are essential to women?!!! But I can buy alcohol it doesn’t make sense.’ Then, in a now-deleted post Tesco responded: ‘We understand how frustrating these changed will be for our Welsh customers. ‘However, we have been told by the Welsh Government not to sell these items for the duration of the firebreak lockdown.’ It apologised this morning and said the wrong reply had been sent out.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Just been reported on the BBC lunchtime news too zinger, the report in the link IS correct and Tesco did refuse, which they have admitted to.

Maybe you’re pushing your own agenda in this whole comedy of errors?

anon
    Participant

I hope that welsh government ministers have a load of electrical items fail and they cant replace them. They will probably travel to england to purchase new ones and get away with it.

AMA Express
    Participant
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News