Social Media comments and ‘old’ Councillors

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Social Media comments and ‘old’ Councillors

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

JaneJ:- Between April 2016 and March 2017 Councillors in Wrexham contributed £22,786 from their councillor pay into the pension fund, which I believe to be 6% of their pay.
    At that time, of the 10 members of the Executive Board, only 4 0f them made pension contributions.
    If as you say they are now part of a non-contributory pension scheme, then I stand to be corrected.

JaneJ
    Participant

Jimbow – looks like you may be correct – I had always been under the impression from Councillors I had spoken to a few years ago they made no contribution —
    Co n t r i b u t i o n s
    Elected members who participate in the LGPS will pay a 6%
    contribution to the Scheme. The local authority’s scheme of
    members allowances must specify which allowances attract
    pension contribution e.g. contributions can be payable on the
    basic allowance, any special responsibility allowance or both of
    these allowances.
    The Council is required to pay a rate of contribution,
    expressed as a percentage of employee’s or elected member’s
    pensionable earnings or allowances. The Council’s contribution
    rate fluctuates and is designed to maintain the solvency of the
    Pension Fund. The Council’s contribution rate is reviewed
    every 3 years by the Pension Fund’s Actuary

steveg
    Participant

We need to ask all councillors, regardless of affiliation, three questions

1) do you use your local bus services, and if not why not?
    2) which councillor is the champion for disabled people?
    3) how much public consultation was there for the levelling up bid for the Racecourse?

Matt
    Participant

As usual, some of the people who are amongst the most privileged in the entire county sounding off and having a cry acting as if they’ve been unfairly targeted. Councillors in question who are offended by a factual comment, need to get a grip and download a virtual crying app on their free iPads to help them get over it.

Councillor X
    Participant

“…the basic problem, this place is too full of old men in grey suits and we really desperately need to breath some new life into this place…”. Carrie Harper how dare you! Many a good book has been written on an old typewriter.

I think she just wants a bit of eye candy to goggle at in boring meetings. If you look at the Councillors, there are a few blokes who i imagine would be her cup of tea but she shouldn’t write off us old crusties we have a lot of life experience and i bet most still have lead in their pencils.

I used to think she was the best thing since sliced bread, the bees knees have you but she has gone down in my estimation because of her ageism -= prejudice, discrimination, and stereotyping against someone based on his or her age

BenjaminM
    Participant

Councillor x, I totally agree with Carrie Harper and the sentiment she expressed
    As the old saying goes – ‘A good young one will beat a good old one any day of the week.

zinger
    Participant

Experience counts for something as well.

We can only go with the quality of people who put themselves forward for election.

MP1953
    Participant

Among the perks of getting older, seniors tend to make better decisions, are more emotionally stable and become less impulsive than their younger peers, according to research. Older minds tend to better understand the weight of each decision because they know the value of their time, energy and happiness. just saying :)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News