Senior councillor currently on ‘working holiday’ in Panama

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Senior councillor currently on ‘working holiday’ in Panama

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

And then he is emigrating there.

With a population bigger than Wales he will have a lot more customers on his window cleaning round.

Good luck Andrew!

Matt
    Participant

billycoen
    Participant

And he will get to wear a tidy hat.

JP
    Participant

Typical of a Brexiter, “Get our country back”.

Now clucking off to somewhere that was literally a third world banana republic for a better future.

Tells you something of the calibre of person engaged in politics in this country.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Wrexham council’s lead member for children’s services has been criticised for working remotely from Central America while the department faces “significant concerns”.
    Andrew Atkinson, who gets an allowance of £30,450, told the Local Democracy Reporting Service he is on a “working holiday” in Panama.

This has shades of ‘Marbella man’ advisor leaves struggling Welsh health board But here Mr Atkinson defended working from 5,000 miles away in Central America, while Panama is on the Welsh government’s red list of countries at high risk from the coronavirus, where people are only advised to travel for essential purposes.

If anyone from Gresford is reading this, what do you think? #interested

zinger
    Participant

Judging by facebook posts commenting on AA’s working holiday in Panama, it seems that Wrexham missed out on having an excellent MP. BBC, Daily Mail & Gresford FB messages show Andrew to be the most popular councillor that Gresford has ever had. The last time I looked the only comments against him working whilst on holiday in Panama were from ex opposition party councillors. Wrexham’s loss will be Panama’s gain if he does emigrate.

Matt
    Participant

Sheriff Andy has left the building.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

I am probably not the one to compare councillor popularity in my own neck of the woods .
    I would point out however that in a democracy it is the electors in a ward that ultimately measure that popularity not your Facebook mates . Whether our “ popular councillor would have won 5 elections out of 6 , over 24 years , or have continuous electoral success over 23 years , like some of his predecessors- Well I guess we will never know !

WreX-iT
    Participant

Officially leaving the sinking ship now!

zinger
    Participant

I wish Andrew & his famiy the very best of luck in their new life in Panama.

A very sad loss for Wrexham. A fine man & County Councillor.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News