Sarah Atherton and Health

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sarah Atherton and Health

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

I think it’s more to do with what Party she is and attacking because it’s not the one that they voted for. She can not do right whatever she does in the eyes of some people but to attack her on a personal level is not on at all.

MP1953
    Participant

Never the less she had the most votes at the last election, and may well (or not) do so at the next election, either way you can’t really judge her prospects accurately on this sort of message board or any other for that matter !

JaneJ
    Participant

First and foremost is that any politician no matter what Party are elected by the people based on a set of promises within a manifesto. Deviations are inevitable when there are outside influences such as the war in Ukraine, but the c ore promises should be adhered to. The Conservative Government propped up by thir back bench MPs have reneged on so many promises that are 100% under their control.

Dictionary definition of what an MP is – A Member of Parliament is a person who has been elected by the people in a particular area to represent them in a country’s parliament.

Note the words represent the people in a particular area – not represent the views of the conservative voters- to achieve this they must engage and listen then evaluate the feelings and views of the constituents as a whole and not just go along with the Party Whip in order to support the Gouvernement in the hope you will gain favour and end up with a portfolio job.

If Wrexham was not in Wales all of the questions the constituents, ask about. health, education, social care etc would all still be the same – Ms Athereon’s constant defence of Conservative Westminster decisions by saying the fault of failings is due to the Welsh Government just does not stack up.

Captain C
    Participant

When I was very young I used to go to the Majestic and when a photo of Churchill came on the screen all the people would stamp their feet and boo. I could not understand it then and still can’t understand that attitude today. Your MP whether it was Ian Lucas or Sarah Atherton will do their job as they feel they should but to have personal attacks on them is wrong.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

I agree with Captain C attack the way they vote and not the person.
    However if you do ask Ms Atherton a direct question as one of her constituents be prepared that you may not get a reply .
    I asked our MP back in October why she voted against her own party manifesto commitment and I am still waiting for a reply,or even an acknowledgment nearly 3 months on .
    The 2019 manifesto she was elected on had a direct commitment on the subject of fracking “ that there would be a moratorium on fracking unless there was direct scientific proof of it’s safety . “
    On Wednesday 25th October, in the midst of chaos that help to end the Truss premiership, our MP broke that commitment.
    A request for the scientific proof that impelled her do do so goes unanswered. As an elected representative one of your cardinal rules is that you deal with ALL constituents, whether they voted for you or not.
    Not good enough.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News