Sarah Atherton and Health

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Sarah Atherton and Health

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

Do we really need to hear from Ms Atherton again about her training as a nurse – if her skills are so good then resign as a MP (where she has limited skills) and get back on the Wards.

Her latest statement on Wrexham.com is the usual rehash – she is again factually incorrect in the detail – the £18 billion she refers to as being the largest since the Welsh Government was formed as an amount is correct but is actually 20% less in real terms over the last 23 years. So HER Government is not giving all this money to build new hospitals.

How many of the new 20 hospitals promised in the Conservative manifesto have been built or at any stage of getting built in the near future – only one which is a refurbishment and not new.

All of her statements should be fact checked by the media before publishing rather than accepting her press releases in their entirety as an easy way to fill pages- clearly, she will not stand up to any scrutiny.

Born Acorn
    Participant

People rarely complain about the actual physical hospital itself; most of it isn’t even that old. Proposing to “fight” (mention it in press releases a few times) for a new one is a pipe-dream to keep her name in the papers.

wrexview
    Participant

Sarah Atherton is obviously proud of her association with the Maelor Hospital. If she is genuinely concerned for her constituents health then she should use her qualifications and work some extra shifts over the Christmas and New Year period. We would all look forward to her next press release then on how she found the experience !

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Can she chase up the £10 billion that the government wrote off for worthless PPE and enquire about the tens of millions her Party peer owes us from the VIP lane scandal?
    It’ll show us that she’s willing and able.

Captain C
    Participant

Perhaps she should look into the massive amount of funds that the welsh local health board have lost hidden in their accounts that is now being looked into. By a massive amount I am talking about 120 million pounds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64068921

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

Don’t worry about it! Word is, she’s been selected to stand for Wrexham in the next election. So there’s a possibility of another 5 year’s as her being MP.

Aren’t we the lucky one’s!!!

Clebryn
    Participant

Just look at her voting record. Has voted for every bill that makes life harder for the poorest in society and against every amendment to make their lives more bearable, do not be fooled by the wearing of uniforms, Hi Viz Boris tried that con. Sarah Athletic is a supporter of the far right and is only concerned about herself and expenses.
    I am normally very positive about how I decide who I vote for, but I have to say…..’Anybody is better than Sarah Athletic’.

Transportuser
    Participant

She really is a waste of oxygen!
    Beyond that, it’s difficult to pass comment without crossing the boundaries of decent comment.
    Given her lack of grasp of reality, perhaps it’s the best option for her to remain silent until she’s passed into the forgotten history of the area.
    Perhaps then we can forget all the self serving posturing?

Captain C
    Participant

How people can live with themselves at Christmas amazes me.
    Insulting this woman in this way just because you don’t vote for her party is beyond belief.

Transportuser
    Participant

How people can live with themselves at Christmas amazes me.
    Insulting this woman in this way just because you don’t vote for her party is beyond belief.

What has Xmas got to do with anything?
    I think you’ll find the criticism has far more to do with the way she has behaved than it has with the way posters may have voted.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News