Same old same old

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Same old same old

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Well it looks like we are in for another 5 years of the same old style Council with Pritchard as the Leader.
    All those who got elected as Independents should hang their head in shame as they have hung their colours to the same two masts- Pritchard and Bitthel. Most of you on Wrexham.com said you were standing for change as this and that were wrong with the Council yet here we are two weeks later and you have turned into sheep.

20 plus new Councillors have been herded into the two sheep pens — I think all we can hope is that their is a wolf in sheep’s clothing that will show themselves soon and make a difference in the pens.

wrexview
    Participant

Still time for a change of heart, until the first Full Council meeting !

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=131542]All those who got elected as Independents should hang their head in shame as they have hung their colours to the same two masts- Pritchard and Bitthel. Most of you on Wrexham.com said you were standing for change as this and that were wrong with the Council yet here we are two weeks later and you have turned into sheep.[/quote]

Ahem!

BenjaminM
    Participant

Absolutely a 100% accurate observation Dylan. Democracy is indeed dead in Wrexham when it seems that those who stood in the election ‘to make a difference’ have so soon lost their ‘independence’and flocked together as you rightly state.

The chance of their being a lone wolf is remote in my estimation and I foresee that now that their position is established on the gravy train (for 5 years at least), they will once again sink back into the woodwork. Autocratic governance will once again be the order of the day at WCBC.

jimbow
    Participant

Is it possible to change the constitution to every five years there is an automatic change of Leadership. The position of Mayor changes every year, why do we have to put up with the same leadership every 5 years? The general public have no say in the matter and despite Mike saying Ahem, I doubt he will either.

The Monitor
    Participant

It may be time for ‘boots on streets’. Take democracy back. Unrest throughout the area will force change. Start by speaking with your own ‘elected’ member, or was that member ‘shoehorned’ in. Call them to account personally, rather than as a ‘council’ or ‘group’. Time for Action other than hoping that the council and its ‘officers’ will give us the change we want and that is needed. Time to call individuals to account.

Mike Davies
    Participant

Jim bow. I wasn’t trying to suggest I could change things. My point was that not all independents joined a group as was suggested in the first post. At the moment there are 2 un aligned councillors.

JaneJ
    Participant

Mike you are correct as I believe Maddocks and now Ronnie Prince has become unaligned but can you seriously count them at all — as they are not ‘Group’ then there effectiveness will be nil!!

Mike Davies
    Participant

[quote quote=131610]Mike you are correct as I believe Maddocks and now Ronnie Prince has become unaligned but can you seriously count them at all — as they are not ‘Group’ then there effectiveness will be nil!!

[/quote]

It is not really clear to me what you are getting at, sorry.

Interested
    Participant

Mike…are you part of a group? Post above states that Maddocks and Prince are the unaligned. So just asking the obvious question…are there 3 unaligned or 2?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News