Rhosnesni High Requires Special Messures

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rhosnesni High Requires Special Messures

• Author

Chris
    Participant

In accordance with the Education Act 2005, HMCI is of the opinion, that special measures are required in relation to this school.

Taken from the Estyn Report
    I feel this is worthy of its own thread and should be investigated by our local media.

Conde
    Participant

@Chris 7488 wrote:

I feel this is worthy of its own thread and should be investigated by our local media.

This is extra proof as if it were needed that the former Welsh Education Minister – Welsh Labour’s Leighton Andrews AM – was and still is damaging the future of our young people. Unfortunatly I’ve got no reason to believe that the new minister will make a difference. Any changes this new minister will be making will only realistically be fully active in 2 years time at a minimum – 2 years of pupils that will have a Welsh Government failing them.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

@Chris 7488 wrote:

It won’t be investigated.

The local media will print a headline like rhosnesni school failing pupils in an inverted commas quote from some concerned parent.

The misleader will then get a quote from Rogers or Williams were they will blame the welsh assembly for it or they will say we’re address the issues together with the governors or teachers.

The misleader will leave it at that.

zinger
    Participant

The good thing that will come out of this of this report I hope is that the school will now be monitored regularly I hope.

Alunh
    Participant

I still have at home the correspondence with one of Wrexham’s former Education chiefs when I challenged the system in Wrexham. This was a few years back but the system remains the same. Secondary Education in Wales/Wrexham is organised along lines devised by Labour but which have morphed since the advent of Comprehensives in the 1960s.

Essentially, post-11 schools broadly controlled by Welsh authorities are either Welsh Medium OR Faith based OR Comprehensives. There is none of the variety that England now possesses, ironically developed by Labour (in England) or by the Coalition. These include Academies and locally established schools (parents, coops, private sector, etc).

We have the Comprehensive. We have Mixed ability (though some authorities have abandoned this in favour of Setting throughout).

When Wrexham decided to shut the two Groves sites (in succession) and then open the 2 Superschools, this was a recipe for disaster. 2 Superschools, organised on exactly the same ‘One Size Fits All’ model. Laced with Mixed ability.

This IS a SYSTEMIC failure probably compounded by poor management. What will happen is that the authority will now scapegoat yet another set of school managers and bring in fresh hands. New wine will be poured into the same old bottle and will perhaps do marginally better than the last.

A systemic failure needs a systemic remedy. Shuffling the pack is NOT good enough and Councillors should hang their heads in shame at presiding over this mess.

Rob
    Participant

wxm
    Participant

Glossy political statements have been over taken by real-time social media, it will have taken months and years for these schools to reach an ‘unsatisfactory’ performance report. Excuses by the authorities, whether in Wrexham or Cardiff, are not what people want to hear. It is time for real time statements about why we have got to this, what will change, and it would surely be appropriate for monthly progress reports in the public domain about the work that is being done, the commitment to change, and the positive results that are happening on the ground.

Purple29
    Participant

Re the title of this thread…..is this what you would call an “Ironic spelling mistake”?:rolleyes:

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I think messure sums up the state of the school succinctly :)

Chris
    Participant

Insert embarrassed smiley here

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

MMA Event coming to north east Wales this weekend!

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News