Rediculous map for Bird Flu

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Rediculous map for Bird Flu

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

What a ridiculous map has been issued by Welsh Government for the Bird Flu exclusion zone – 10 mile semi circle because the rest of the circle covers parts of England- since when does an epidemic stay within restricted country boundaries. Have they not learned anything from Covid we are single country and Offa’s Dyke does not keep infections on one side or the other.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Totally Rediculous!

zinger
    Participant

I thought exactly the same thing myself Jane.

BenjaminM
    Participant

I would have thought that it was blindingly obvious why the map only shows the exclusion zone extending to the Welsh/English border.
    The Welsh Government and in particular, the Chief Veterinary Officer only have control of matters that affect Wales.
    I would expect that the CVO’s English counterpart has been informed and it would be up to him/her to complete the circle for the English section of the affected area.
    Mind you, I thought about the reasons why before passing comment or making erroneous assumptions.

Transportuser
    Participant

As BenjaminM says, obvious why the map is drawn that way.
    Not seen anything relating to the English side of the border.
    Asleep on the job?

JaneJ
    Participant

The point was the map followed a random boundary that was set 100’s years ago after fighting for lands. I was trying to highlight the whole Wales/England division that has been reflected during the whole pandemic. Political boundaries do not mean infections stop at the edge – surly for the sake of overall clarity it should have been a joint England / Wales Government statement.

BenjaminM
    Participant

DEFRA have today published a map showing the complete extent of the exclusion zone and issued guidance to all of the U.K. because this is not the only outbreak that has been currently detected.

Matt
    Participant

It’s still a Welsh border. If it were an international border between 2 different non union countries, the action would still be the same. Welsh Government responsible for Wales and Westminster responsible for England. It’s no different to having different Covid restrictions and rules across the border in Cheshire and Shropshire vs Wales when the virus is still the same.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News