Q. Where is my MP? A. Saving Llangollen Steam Railway from impact of pandemic

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Q. Where is my MP? A. Saving Llangollen Steam Railway from impact of pandemic

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

You hear lots from Ms Atherton but I never hear from my MP .. until NOW

“Everyone in the area knows how vitally important the Llangollen Steam Railway is to us as a community,” said Mr Baynes.

“I’d encourage anyone who’s able to to support this incredibly worthwhile campaign. It’s vital we do what we can to keep our railway going through this difficult time.”

I thought he should of been helping us Wrexham lot who aren’t covered by Ms Atherton. Us hillbillies.

GLAD I NEVER VOTED FOR THIS INVISIBLE MAN!

BenjaminM
    Participant

He’s just been on PMQ’s asking for support for Llangollen railway. At a time of national crisis, I would have thought he would have used the opportunity of being able to question the PM on something more important.What an a**e !!

TimRegency
    Participant

Dumbocracy in action.

Matt
    Participant

Simon Baynes has been pretty quiet, in fact I’ve not heard of/from him since he was elected. However, don’t let his ineptitude sully the Llangollen Railway it is a fantastic bit of local heritage and tourist attraction and would be a real shame if it had to shut down. Obviously health and welfare comes first, but at some point we are going to go back to normal and want to start using North Wales attractions. North Wales relies on tourism to keep our economy and livelihoods going.

Had it been a Labour or Plaid MP I’d have expected them to have done the same, but with a bit of hope also asked lots of other questions in line with other key community issues as well.

Councillor X
    Participant

It is stupid for him to come out of the woodwork to promote this Matt.

PM Questions today and yesterday

Simon Baynes, a Conservative, asks about the Llangollen steam railway.

Johnson says he has a picture at home of himself on it with William Hague. He wishes it the best.”(not the actual one below)

Sarah Atherton (Wrexham)

“What steps the Government is taking to support the continuation of ferry crossings between Great Britain and Northern Ireland during the covid-19 outbreak.”

Transportuser
    Participant

I think the guy i a waste of space but that shouldn’t detract from the fact that the railway is the second largest employer in Llangollen, so it’s not all volunteers and nostalgic trips.
    He should have been asking for support, not suggesting BoJo goes on a jolly.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Dear Mr Baynes, WHERE ARE YOU?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News